• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Is there a way to send magiceffects on OTClient without involving the game?

TheGahl

Learning in Progress
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to send magic effects from lua codes in OTClient but so far I can't seem to find anything for it.

My idea like like, if I say/do something, a magic affect will be displayed (not sent from game).

Anyone have any idea about this?
I don't want to send the magiceffect from the game, I only want it done by OTClient :)

Ty in advance :D

-- Merged --

just to be extra clear.. a scenario.. (I'm not doing this, but example)

If I were to make a bot for OTClient, like CandyBot,
I'd like to be able to make a magiceffect like hit-by-fire when next walk-point has been chosen.
So I wherever the character is walking next, within the screen, a hit-by-fire affect will showup to alert you that this is where the char will be going next.

I'm not doing a bot like this, but I want to learn how to do certain things and this example was the easiest way I could try to tell people that I only want the OTC codes, else people are very good at saying "send it from game instead" or other things, that I'm not looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lua:
local effect = Effect.create()
effect:setId(16) -- CONST_ME_HITBYFIRE

g_map.addThing(effect, position, stackpos)

Lua:
local effect = Effect.create()
effect:setId(16) -- CONST_ME_HITBYFIRE

g_map.addThing(effect, position, stackpos)
I could kiss you!
THANK YOU!!

Edit:
sorry, but you don't happen to know if it's possible to send a magiceffect/flash on items in containers, like on EQ?
Like if you were to make a tutorial, and you want something flashing on EQ or in your bp..

Anyhow thanks for the effect help! :D

Back