• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is this computer able?

simonnini

Reaction score
Hello Otland!

I am about to order a new computer in the following days, but I just wanted to see if its any good for hosting. Ive been hosting before but nothing serious really.

So my question to you guys is:
Will this computer handle a rl-map server?
Will I be able to host around 200-300 players?

And yes, I know that ur bandwith makes a lot of difference but lets say I have around 30 down and 10 up.

Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Midi Tower
Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU
Intel® LGA1155 Core i5-3450
ASUS P8Z77-V LX, Socket-1155
Crucial DDR3 1333MHz 8GB KIT CL9
HIS Radeon HD7870 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E
WD Caviar® Blue 500GB SATA 3.0
Lite-On DVD±RW Writer IHAS124-19, SATA
Antistatic Armchain 6 feet

Haters leave please.

Thanks in advance /Simon

I know for 1 thing is that you may want to upgrade your HDD to 1 TB and atleast 7200 RPM since the disk will be busy with all the players online at 1 time. I personally do not think you need that Graphics Card. Its a game from the 90's man, If you wanted this to be a Hosting/Gaming computer then your out of luck. The gaming would interfere with the server and when you are playing say Battlefield 3 your server would belaggy as fuck. So pick one Gaming or Hosting. If Gaming Its fine. If Hosting why do you need a 280$ Graphics Card? Get like a Radeon 7750 or 7770 to save some cash yet still have Direct X 11 and such for tibia. Glad that your getting a Grounding Chain

The thing is that I wont host for years. It really depends on how it goes, I want to have a computer that could handle a server good enough but still have a computer that is good enough for all games when I decide to quit tibia. Is this a good choice or could you guys recommand something else? Preferable a few guidelines. That would be very sweet of ya.

I do also have a laptop that I can play tibia-lol, diablo and such games on. So I wont really mess up the server during the time I have it.

Thanks/Simon

The thing is that I wont host for years. It really depends on how it goes, I want to have a computer that could handle a server good enough but still have a computer that is good enough for all games when I decide to quit tibia. Is this a good choice or could you guys recommand something else? Preferable a few guidelines. That would be very sweet of ya.

I do also have a laptop that I can play tibia-lol, diablo and such games on. So I wont really mess up the server during the time I have it.

Thanks/Simon

How much are you willing to spend?

Back