• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Issue getting server online.

noshirtstan

Reaction score
Hey folks!

Not quite sure if this is correct topic to be posting under, so I apologize in advance if I'm in the wrong spot.

So I set up a TFS 1.2 10.98 server, and I cant seem to connect to it globally, nor can others.

I have the ip set to my whatsmyip and all ports are open and listening (80 443 7171 7172) but when I fire up the server and try to login, I get stuck at the character list loading prompt.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

in C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/ you will find hosts open as administrator with any text editor and at the last link
link it like this
YOUR IPV4 (2spaces) you global ip for whatismyip
example :
192.168.1. 193.141.41.45

Allowed the ports through Windows firewall, Router's firewall and any other internet protection software you have?
Try if all your ports are reachable here

Allowed the ports through Windows firewall, Router's firewall and any other internet protection software you have?
Try if all your ports are reachable here

It shows all my port are open and it can see them

Alright you added your global ip in config.lua the one you got through here?
and which ip do you use to connect?

Alright you added your global ip in config.lua the one you got through here?
and which ip do you use to connect?

Yes my lua is set to my whatsmyip and I'm using the same ip to to try and connect. I can connect using 127.0.0.1 locally but when I try using the global I get nothing

Yeah you should connect using 127.0.0.1 and others should use your global ip to connect, Can anyone else connect with your global ip?

Follow the instructions posted here and then let them try to login.

Follow the instructions posted here and then let them try to login.

Did this and i still cant log in. Keeps me at Connecting to gameworld.

Others can log in though

Try to login with global ip_v4 once if it didn't work try to login with local ip_v4 (192.168.x.x) and then try to login with 127.0.0.1
Tell me if all of them doesn't work for you.

Try to look for this option in your router page NAT hairpinning or NAT loopback and disable it and all it's options or ticks.
Also you should reply @Olddies maybe he has a different solution than mine and it could work.

I ran out of solutions but what I see is that you have NAT loopback issue, Some routers have option to disable/enable it and some routers has it built-in so if you can't find this option I got no idea how to solve your issue.
Maybe someone else can help you, Good luck.

try logging in with your IPv4 ip instead of the one that you give to others.
to check your ipv4 go to cmd>type ipconfig> then it will show multiple ip adresses, look up for ipv4> copy it and paste into your ip changer or into the client if you are using custom client
do not change anything in your config.lua. leave the ip in config as it is/was.

Back