• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Issue trying to install ZnoteAAC at linux mint 20.2

MutantAssassin

Solutions
Reaction score
As the title states, I am a user of linux mint 20.2 (which is based at ubuntu 20.04) and I was finally trying TFS after a long time away from this community.

So far, I have being able to adapt to my case all the steps described at OTS Guide (at least, I can log at http://127.0.0.1:2344), but that tutorial doesn't say nothing about installing ZnoteAAC.

So I tried to adapt those instructions for window users (as well as the README.md file of ZNoteACC) but I didn't succeed.
I unpacked the zip file at ~/www (and yes, I've changed the web root directory to this at /etc/nginx/sites-available/default), but I didn't get any further instructions (as expected) at http://127.0.0.1, only a 403 error (forbidden).

I've tried removed the ZnoteAAC-master directory by copying all files at the zip directly into ~/www (so, for example, instead of a ~/www/ZnoteAAC-master/index.php, it became ~/www/index.php) but I am still getting the same error.

I am not that stupid, but I've learned programming literally at the previous millenium, so I am completelly noob about web development.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
Assassina Mutante.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Apparently, it was a permissions issue. For some reason, after unpacking the ZIP file, the directory wasn't allowing "file acess" for nothing except the owner. After changing the permissions to this (see the picture), the "forbidden" error is gone. Still trying to do next steps, so I am not marking it as solved yet, but I will already let this information at this thread.

propriedadesWWW.png
Apparently, it was a permissions issue. For some reason, after unpacking the ZIP file, the directory wasn't allowing "file acess" for nothing except the owner. After changing the permissions to this (see the picture), the "forbidden" error is gone. Still trying to do next steps, so I am not marking it as solved yet, but I will already let this information at this thread.

propriedadesWWW.png

Solution
It may depend on the web server, but shouldn't the files belong to the www-data user?

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data <path to www>

_______

Additionally PHP is working correctly?

Place a file in your www directory called info.php
Add this content to the file:
PHP:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Enter website url/info.php

Do you get PHP info?
This lets us determine if PHP is properly installed on your server, and your hitting the correct path for your webservers host configurations.

If you can successfully see phpinfo, then this is the place to put all the znote aac files (config.php, register.php etc...)

If you dont, the folder is wrong, or PHP is not properly installed or configured, or permissions are whack.

I don't want to be rude, why do you guys keep replying in a thread which was already marked as "solved" and the solution attached?
BTW, I am thinking about writing a detailed tutorial explaining how to install tfs + znoteacc at ubuntu based distros, what do you think? I've had a hard time figuring out stuff, it should be more friendly for new users.
PS: Why can't I edit this post? The picture was supposed to make it clear at once, but only now I've realized that the text in there wasn't written in English, so I would like to add more explanations.

Back