• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Issue with code tags on Google Chrome & Android

Alpha

Relentless
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Had that problem for a while, whenever I go into a thread that has code tags, my entire Chrome freezes. I'm guessing something is causing pretty heavy CPU usage, but I haven't verified. Depending on how many code tags are in the thread/how long the content of them is, it can also eventually recover from the freeze.

which chrome / android version?

works fine on 70.0.3538.80 / 9.0.0 here

Can you post a link to a specific page where this happens?

Can you post a link to a specific page where this happens?

May be related to Lua syntax highlighting specifically, but I'm not sure and havent tested that much yet

I also just tried the same page on Firefox for Android and I don't have that issue there.

Last edited:
Happens for me too in some support threads.

Something with code highlighter I suppose.

Chrome 92, Android 9

Happens for me too in some support threads.

Something with code highlighter I suppose.

Chrome 92, Android 9
Yeah same, almost every time when I look at a support thread, my entire browser hangs up on Android Chrome. I'm certain it's related to syntax highlighting.

Doesn't happen anymore after updating to Android 11, but probably still happens for people like @slaw

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211014-080546.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014-080546.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 6 · VirusTotal
  • Screenshot_20211014-080855.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014-080855.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 4 · VirusTotal
do following formats it and back it up, uninstall and install chrome update your app more functions take it to the technician. Test Cell Multilaser ObaBox I work perfectly.Screenshot_20211020-220156.png

Last edited:
Doesn't happen anymore after updating to Android 11, but probably still happens for people like @slaw

Weird, I got new phone, with Android 12, and it still happens.

Chrome is also in recent version, 103.0.5060.70

Back