• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Issue with new vocation + promotion scroll.

FenX

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

I created a new vocation including an item that you will have to use to be promoted to that vocation.

E.g.
Knight (id4) > Elite Knight (id8) > Dicer (id12)

When promoted from Elite Knight to Dicer the character is no longer recognised as the knight vocation. So I cannot wear items specifically for the knight vocation, cannot use knight spells etc.

Not entirely sure where to look for the solution or problem here. Nor do I know what code lines to provide so I can be helped.

XML:
    <!-- Dicer EK -->
    <vocation id="12" clientid="1" name="Dicer" description="a Dicer" gaincap="25" gainhp="15" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="4" gainhpamount="15" gainmanaticks="6" gainmanaamount="5" manamultiplier="3.0" attackspeed="1750" basespeed="280" soulmax="200" gainsoulticks="15" fromvoc="8">
        <formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0" defense="1.0" armor="1.0" />
        <skill id="0" multiplier="1.1" />
        <skill id="1" multiplier="1.1" />
        <skill id="2" multiplier="1.1" />
        <skill id="3" multiplier="1.1" />
        <skill id="4" multiplier="1.4" />
        <skill id="5" multiplier="1.1" />
        <skill id="6" multiplier="1.1" />
    </vocation>

XML:
    <vocation id="8" clientid="1" name="Elite Knight" description="an Elite Knight" gaincap="25" gainhp="15" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="4" gainhpamount="15" gainmanaticks="6" gainmanaamount="5" manamultiplier="3.0" attackspeed="1750" basespeed="280" soulmax="200" gainsoulticks="15" fromvoc="4">
        <formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0" defense="1.0" armor="1.0" />
        <skill id="0" multiplier="1.1" />
        <skill id="1" multiplier="1.1" />
        <skill id="2" multiplier="1.1" />
        <skill id="3" multiplier="1.1" />
        <skill id="4" multiplier="1.4" />
        <skill id="5" multiplier="1.1" />
        <skill id="6" multiplier="1.1" />
    </vocation>

I'd appreciate any help I can get or directions to help me get this issue fixed! If you need any other information please tell me, I had no idea what to provide in this case. No console errors, just game doesn't recognise the new vocation as an elite knight still.
(most likely made a rookie mistake somewhere or forgotten something, still a newbie at this :/)

Thanks!

Solution
Solution
You need to define the new vocations inside of movements.xml in the equip/dequip section for each item.

Same with spells:

Haha well damn thanks. That's a lot of work :D but seems straight forward.

Back