• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Item colors. Blending overlaying colors on items. OTClient?

xKrazyx

Old School
Solutions
Reaction score
Sorry if wrong section..

Basically I am trying to set an item to have the ability to change colors like an outfit.

Has this been done before? I had searched around.

Trying to currently think of ways to do this...

possible option one:
I know you can set a monsters looktype to an itemid
but can you set an item looktype to a monster looktype id with colors?

possible option second: Creating a custom window in OTclient that sort of mimics the function of outfit window and setting outfit colors, call it "Set Item Skin" or something. Create a new function called setItemColors similiar to setOutfit.

Will most likely need to edit db for items to handle looktype colors and prob a lot of other areas in the client.

This could be a neat feature for servers they could make swords that have the ability to change the colors of the hilt...
Imagine being able to reskin demon helmet in any color.

This would open up a huge array of items devs could add to there server (Black demon helmet(adds certain skills) red blue robe and etc)
Changing the color of a backpack to any color... color of a shirt or boots. Golden BOH lol
Pay currency to reskin an item..

I think the second option is best.. I will share when I complete this task if I found it hasnt already been done!

Im sure theres way more that goes into this than what I have thought of so far...

I think in the end what would be easiest is making 12 versions of the item in different colors.. way less work I guess.. but it would be neat to make certain items colors configurable for players.

Last edited:
You can just do what the tibia client does, which is to have a base sprite that is grayscale, and a color sprite that you overlay the base sprite to produce colors. Then you just programmatically replace the default colors in the color sprite with whatever the user picked, and overlay it and presto, you have a colored base sprite.

Or you can use a grayscale base sprite and just use basic shaders to overlay a color of your choice, but that gives you a single color across the entire sprite, having two or more colors is not possible, unless you really go all in on the shader coding.

However keep in mind that you will have to modify networking for this to work, if you want one player to be able to select his own item colors, and then for those colors to show up for everyone else. And also item handling code, and most likely database rows to actually save the color.

Back