• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Item Duping Tibia Global

OverBash

Solutions
Reaction score
There were or are ways to duplicate item in global tibia

Black Knight Door Trick

Very long time ago, in black knight quest, there was a little room. If you thorwed in items there, You still had the item in your bp, and you could just walk in the room and get your item you throwed there. So when you did that, you had 1x more item

House Duping

There was another way that item duplicating was discovered. This was on the server Nova, by Messiah (name changed to Ceodriz)?, during one of the first great Nova wars. Messiah (Ceodriz) discovered this trick in his house, during a server save (presumably on accident). The trick worked like this: one would wait until just moments before server save, and then quickly throw an item on the ground. On Nova, server save at the time was at 3:00:00 AM EST (GMT +5), so you would have to wait until approximately 2:59:30 AM EST. If the dupe was successful, you'd find the item both in your inventory and on the ground of your house after server save.

This is most likely because character inventories were saved just before the server save "kick-off" would occur, and house decorations would be saved shortly thereafter. Supporting evidence to this is that after the "fix" was applied, characters would stay logged in during the server save, even though the players themselves were kicked off. It's assumed that the character inventories would not be saved until the player was no longer actively in the game, to prevent these types of duplications from occurring.

It was through this method that Messiah was able to have so many Amulets of Life and Backpacks of Mana Potions. This enabled him to have the highest magic level in Tibia at the time (76). It also contributed to earning him the nickname "The Human Mana Cask".

Server save time

On server mortera server save time probably favored an item clone bug
it was a rumor in the forum that some players of that server found a way to clone the items
which in my view was confirmed when cipsoft deleted all suspicious players listed in the forum

clone item bug mortera forum

Deleted Players
-Cemete Ozika
-Ceemetee
-Daan Ozika
-Makaking Ozika
-Makaking Delas
-Aszteck
-LAWS
-ANATO HARD
-KELD MUTANTE
-OLDBOY MENDZ

Nowadays they say that there are people who duplicate tibia's gold, I think if there is, who knows won't talk about the possibility of this bug

does anyone have more information on this?

I haven't played real tibia for many years, but that mortera duping thread was interesting to read. From what I understood, it happened because they added depot to guildhouses and in one guildhouse in Venore it was possible to exani hur down on the depot tile, allowing people to stack on that tile. And since depots are loaded on collision and saved on separation of the tile, it made it possible to access the same depot of a certain player by many other players at once, so they would take items out without saving it. Seems legit.
It was also mentioned they would get negative money in the bank after having deposited too much gold (probably max value of an integer) lul
Btw as for the dragon scale legs discussion brought up in the thread - ATLEAST three pairs of those existed. I don't know why people refer to the pair given for 100000th pacc only. There was a pair in Trimera and atleast one pair in Antica as well.

The black knight door trick was about door that led to the swamp, I think. It was possible to open them, stand in, and then close, which would push the character into the swamp. Then, after reloging, the character would appear in the state it was before pushed, including inventory.
This is very old one.

The Messiah duping I don't know if it's even true.

Last edited:
I haven't played real tibia for many years, but that mortera duping thread was interesting to read. From what I understood, it happened because they added depot to guildhouses and in one guildhouse in Venore it was possible to exani hur down on the depot tile, allowing people to stack on that tile. And since depots are loaded on collision and saved on separation of the tile, it made it possible to access the same depot of a certain player by many other players at once, so they would take items out without saving it. Seems legit.
It was also mentioned they would get negative money in the bank after having deposited too much gold (probably max value of an integer) lul
Btw as for the dragon scale legs discussion brought up in the thread - ATLEAST three pairs of those existed. I don't know why people refer to the pair given for 100000th pacc only. There was a pair in Trimera and atleast one pair in Antica as well.

The black knight door trick was about door that led to the swamp, I think. It was possible to open them, stand in, and then close, which would push the character into the swamp. Then, after reloging, the character would appear in the state it was before pushed, including inventory.
This is very old one.

The Messiah duping I don't know if it's even true.
Tibia has some loopholes yet, I know one, it does not involve duplicating items, very few people know, but telling them for sure the bug would be fixed later...

Maybe there is still some way to item duping, who thinks that just because it is global is a perfect system is well mistaken, the game has had many big bugs to date and still has, now these duping unknown today

Of course it had many bugs overtime, and probably still has some. And every update can bring new ones.
However, I don't think there would be any way to dupe items in modern Tibia other than 'bugging' depo (like these people from mortera seem to have done). Since everything, except for depot, is loaded and saved on SS, unlike ot servers where people dupe items due to data desynchronization.
And that one in mortera was mapper's oversight rather than server's hole. It wouldn't happen if the map did not allow people stack on a depot tile.
I wonder how they actually fixed it. Did they just edit the map or remade the whole depot loading/saving system (e.g. being loaded/saved on server save?) to prevent similar cases in the future?

Of course it had many bugs overtime, and probably still has some. And every update can bring new ones.
However, I don't think there would be any way to dupe items in modern Tibia other than 'bugging' depo (like these people from mortera seem to have done). Since everything, except for depot, is loaded and saved on SS, unlike ot servers where people dupe items due to data desynchronization.
And that one in mortera was mapper's oversight rather than server's hole. It wouldn't happen if the map did not allow people stack on a depot tile.
I wonder how they actually fixed it. Did they just edit the map or remade the whole depot loading/saving system (e.g. being loaded/saved on server save?) to prevent similar cases in the future?
what I heard about mortera was server save time was different from house pro save player a few years ago

Knowing how cip server worked in the past, I don't think server save time might be relevant. The explanation with guildhouse depot seems way more probable (check posts of 'Nessy Ashieutiel').
Although, as I said, I don't play real tibia for very long time already.

Back