• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Items.xml problem (Bug)

Priest3

Reaction score
Hello Guys ,I have been in server developing for a while now even though I haven't faced an issue like this :) which is any Items.xml on my pc is corrupted
As an example :
Lua:
  <item id="2492" article="a" name="dragon scale mail">
    <attribute key="weight" value="11400" />
    <attribute key="armor" value="15" />
    <attribute key="slotType" value="body" />
  </item>
  <item id="2493" article="a" name="demon helmet">
    <attribute key="description" value="You hear an evil whispering from the inside." />
    <attribute key="weight" value="2950" />
    <attribute key="armor" value="10" />
    <attribute key="slotType" value="head" />
  </item>
  <item id="2494" article="a" name="demon armor">
    <attribute key="weight" value="8000" />
    <attribute key="armor" value="16" />
    <attribute key="slotType" value="body" />
  </item>
  <item id="2495" name="demon legs">
    <attribute key="weight" value="5400" />
    <attribute key="armor" value="9" />
    <attribute key="slotType" value="legs" />
  </item>
  <item id="2496" article="a" name="horned helmet">
    <attribute key="weight" value="5100" />
    <attribute key="armor" value="11" />
  </item>
  <item id="2497" article="a" name="crusader helmet">
    <attribute key="weight" value="5200" />
    <attribute key="armor" value="8" />
  </item>
  <item id="2498" article="a" name="royal helmet">
    <attribute key="description" value="An excellent masterpiece of a smith." />
    <attribute key="weight" value="4800" />
    <attribute key="armor" value="9" />
  </item>
As shown above royal helmet id is 2498 while the true id should be :3386
, dragon scale mail id is 2492 while the true id should be :3392
P.S :That's items.xml 8.6 :)

What do you mean by "true id" ? There are two different ids associated with your server:

1. The server id, which is what your items.xml file references
2. Your client id, which is used by the client

They both CAN be the same. It depends on the order in which they are in your spr and dat files, and your items.otb respectively, but they don't have to be.

What do you mean by "true id" ? There are two different ids associated with your server:

1. The server id, which is what your items.xml file references
2. Your client id, which is used by the client

They both CAN be the same. It depends on the order in which they are in your spr and dat files, and your items.otb respectively, but they don't have to be.
I mean with "true id" that the id supposed to be 3386 in rh not 2498
I recognize that there are two different ids but what i wanna know is why does any items.xml gets corrupted whenever i download a new one

So, when you download a new items.otb and items.xml, in the otb and the items.xml a royal helmet is id 3386..... but somehow it automatically changes in your items.xml to 2498?

I suppose what I'm getting at is: How do you know that RH is supposed to be 3386 in your distro?

What distro are you using?

So, when you download a new items.otb and items.xml, in the otb and the items.xml a royal helmet is id 3386..... but somehow it automatically changes in your items.xml to 2498?

I suppose what I'm getting at is: How do you know that RH is supposed to be 3386 in your distro?

What distro are you using?
Yup whenever i download a new items.otb and items.xml it changes even before i open it for the first time
I do not know sadly :(
tfs 0.4

If you look through the console error, you'll know which exact line of your xml file is corrupted. Then open it with NotePad++ and search for the line.

If you look through the console error, you'll know which exact line of your xml file is corrupted. Then open it with NotePad++ and search for the line.
I don't get any console errors :) the server works just fine but with wrong item ids
that's not a corruption error
where are you getting your items.xml from?
tried to get it from many sources like Emporia Vapus ,Euforia and Masiyah Datapack which im using right now

Nope man, your id's are fine. You just do not understand how it works.
ID: 3386 is a client side ID, this number using only client its defined in tibia.spr/tibia.dat.
ID: 2498 is a server ID, this number using only server its defined in items.xml.
Items.otb works like "decoder and merger", merges them together and then server read the same item in different value.

The simplest explanation of it...
@MikeOT told you the same...

Back