• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows It's seems that my TFS is losing conection with Mysql DB!<HALP>

Mogex

Reaction score
Dear Otlanders,
I have a server that at x hours loses conection with the db (or that's what I think).
There's no errors, I can log with my account but no in to game.
Using the Otx Distribution 9.6
And I don't know, how the TFS still runing all fine, but the PPL can log with their account but not in the game.
Ah, the page stills offline too but it shows the players..
Thanks in advance!

This problem is because OTX no is compatible with Windows XP... You need update your windows to windows 7

Source: Personal Experience

Extra: I report this bug in official site of OTX but I dont received responde... I change to windows 7 and the problem is fixed.

This problem is because OTX no is compatible with Windows XP... You need update your windows to windows 7

Extra: I report this bug in official site of OTX but I dont received responde... I change to windows 7 and the problem is fixed.

Lol but I use Windiows server 2008 :S

Stop telling them nonsense, it works perfect with Windows Server 2008 or Windows XP. Upgrading your OS does not fix such problems, but other (sometimes related) 'issues'.

I think this have the same problem because is lower than XP.

Windows Server 2008 is older then Windows Vista. Just for your information.

======

@TS: Check mysql error logs. If you do not run mysql locally, I severely recommend to do that anyway.

@TGYoshi
Stop telling them nonsense.
I dont telling nonsense, you telling nonsense :S

Ok, windows 2008 I think have the same problem with XP.
There are two options...
If I have a reason he dont solves it without update to windows 7
If he solved, you have reason.
Just give my personal experience, and I could try everything to fix and dont work.

More background
http://otland.net/f16/players-cant-login-sv-after-certain-time-161171/
http://otland.net/f18/8-60-otx-server-version-2-1-a-155928/index4.html#post1549363

Naaano201
El problema de las conexiones lo tenia yo cuando utilizaba Windows XP.
Ahora en Windows 7 no me ha vuelto a ocurrir.
Prueba a usar Windows 7 unos dias a ver como te va.

In english:
The problem of connections occurs when I used XP
Now in windows 7 dont have the problem
Try update to windows 7 and tell my...
I try and works fine.

I post the problem in official site of OTX and creator of OTX say this
qdfLi.png

English:
update your Windows XP - Windows Update will find it in Start menu
I do it and continue with problem... and dont recieved other response...
I only have this problem with OTX, with TFS works fine.

My Recommend: Update to windows 7.

Last edited:
If the distribution works only for 24h or 20 also, I can Make restarts with save server :/ But I think that won't work for 24h!
It's anoying me because the server is online and you have to log in to check if still working or not TT

Read what the issue is, to begin with. It's about the mysql connection, not about the server itself.

If the distribution works only for 24h or 20 also, I can Make restarts with save server :/ But I think that won't work for 24h!
It's anoying me because the server is online and you have to log in to check if still working or not TT

Check mysql error logs. If you do not run mysql locally, I severely recommend to do that anyway. Does any mysql error appear in the console as well? - If so, what's it?
MySQL also has a timeout on their connections, which closes it if nothing happens for a certain time.

TFS got a way to reconnect to mysql after it has lost its connection, you might want to copy that bit of the source.

Read what the issue is, to begin with. It's about the mysql connection, not about the server itself.

Check mysql error logs. If you do not run mysql locally, I severely recommend to do that anyway. Does any mysql error appear in the console as well? - If so, what's it?
MySQL also has a timeout on their connections, which closes it if nothing happens for a certain time.

TFS got a way to reconnect to mysql after it has lost its connection, you might want to copy that bit of the source.

No the tfs don't show any error, all works fine, you can also put you account select your character but not to login, that what I don't understand.
Thanks for your time TGyoshi

Well, your English is pretty vague so I have trouble understanding you.
What happens after x hours? Does the mysql connection shut down? Suddenly players can not get into the game anymore, but they can still log in? Does MySQL show any errors in their logs (These are not TFS logs, MySQL logs are located wherever you've installed MySQL, seperate from TFS or whatever)?

Well, your English is pretty vague so I have trouble understanding you.
What happens after x hours? Does the mysql connection shut down? Suddenly players can not get into the game anymore, but they can still log in? Does MySQL show any errors in their logs (These are not TFS logs, MySQL logs are located wherever you've installed MySQL, seperate from TFS or whatever)?

Server opened.
-You Login in.
Next day, you try to log in you can't. You can put your account, select the character but not to enter in-game!
-What happened?
You check the TFS, it's fine, all working well, no errors nothing... Webpage working... all working.

Now?
Thanks for your time.

Server opened.
-You Login in.
Next day, you try to log in you can't. You can put your account, select the character but not to enter in-game!
-What happened?
You check the TFS, it's fine, all working well, no errors nothing... Webpage working... all working.

Now?
Thanks for your time.

Can you check if the server is still listening on your gameserver port? (7172 by default) - or did another program "took" it? (when it breaks)
Run netstat -b -a to check it.

TGYoshi have much time to lose...

Update to Windows 7.

I severely recommend you to try a 100% fresh install of Windows Server and then try it again. You have no strong argumentation for your upgrade to Windows 7.
Even your screenshot you've posted does not suggest an OS change.

Back