• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

It's too many RL maps!

U dont get it? There is no GOOD server, but alot of suckz servers. There is Shadowcore - which is too much populated, and its end. Other brazils are suck, vips etc.
Servers like dalerium are nice, but u see, got 60 players and got ddosed everyday.
I think ShadowCores can be the best option of all the options, but its not a really good server. Brazil servers are just for money, and they are run by mediocre people. There is even people cloning ShadowCores on brazil( even the layout! ) just to show how mediocre they are.

@Xevis
Sorry if this offend you, but you are not very smart. Or mature.

@Yamaken
By that analogy then you are saying that mark is mediocre cuz he is cloning Cipsoft Tibia. :p

Question here.
Why if there's a lot of people complaining and hatein' on Global Servers there are a ratio of 100:1 customs ?? if as Xevis Clamis Ddos, and stuff how do they survive if they only get Ddos. (JUST SAYIN)

100:1? Im talking about GOOD newest protocol, greatly done real map servers, which are a few. And if new project comes is ddosed by br.
Are you ignorant or just blind? And you'r saying about 'smartness'

@Xevis
See what I meant, not mature, you are angry by a few words.
Do you know what it takes to Upgrade protocols? to "CLONE" the map from Cipsoft? seems like not that's why you are writing so much non-sense. Go on, go and play your 999 servers kiddo :D

i would not call him ignorant :p he got a point.

on ur question why there are not that many decent newest protocols there is a simple answer: Shadowcores. they rule the newer protocols. all the new rlmap servers with new protocols i see don't get a decent amount of servers just because shadowcores is so popular and who wouldn't pick the server with a very big community like shadowcores. Ddos u say? every server gets ddosd, that's the internet...

I see these kind of threads pop up more than i like , nothing will change when u just talk about it. if u don't want a rl map, start making something custom or join a project. Myself i don't mind the rl maps, i will not play on them but just let them be. Do you really think that if there were no rl maps all those people would start making a custom ot? I don't think so. Also I know a lot of developers who enjoy playing rl maps, what if all of them dissapeared with the rl maps?

The other facts why custom servers don't get the playerbase they deserve: 1) a small but yet shattered community (some like it full custom others prefer just a custom map). 2) Most of the time the developers underestimate the time people need to clear the content and people run out of content in weeks. 3) Servers lack decent advertisement... so sad to see a nice server (e.g. phiadariasoft,...) go to waste and have no good amount of players just because they didn't advertise the server properly

but:

CUSTOM SERVERS FOR THE WIN ;)

Last edited:
To the one saying shadowcores is a great server I can both agree and disagree, Mark and Hani has put down alot of time on that ot and you can notice that by the player amount.
BUT the problem is sadly the player amount, when I started there was mby 1k players, was enough that it was hard to find a decent spawn but still not imposible like when its 2k players.
But if you don't think abt the players id say shadowcores is one of the best servers online atm.

And custom servers rly never goes anywhere tbh, ppl get tierd of exploring and they quit, ppl prefer the "easy way", go to yalahar lvl to 150 then go and pk in thais ~.
Thats atleast my view on this.

And the ots trying to mimic shadowcores dosen't have any devs, they have ppl who knows how to save a layout via chrome or w/e they use then add the php lines from gesior / znote.
Don't even play or donate on those servers, why support an ot like that if you get my point.

@TinyTrip
Quite the wrong name definition, "Global Map" "Real Map" All referring to tibia cipsoft map.

@Schmanky
That language, for a pointless comment, that has nothing to do with the thread itself.

But have to note; are people more interested in modern Tibia versions custom maps or old school custom maps? That's the question.

@Ezzz
Then let me ask you this Question, Have people played a good Custom Map?
I'd say in 90% of the cases nope, they most likely come from tibia, since A)They didn't like to pay premium, B)Want to be highlevels, C) A friend told them to play with them this "SUPER SERVER" that its the same than tibia but with 999 EXP).
So its not a matter of interest, how can you be interested if you never played one.

(But if sells then it must be what people desire (Global maps)).

@Ezzz
Then let me ask you this Question, Have people played a good Custom Map?
I'd say in 90% of the cases nope, they most likely come from tibia, since A)They didn't like to pay premium, B)Want to be highlevels, C) A friend told them to play with them this "SUPER SERVER" that its the same than tibia but with 999 EXP).
So its not a matter of interest, how can you be interested if you never played one.

(But if sells then it must be what people desire (Global maps)).
So you feel like you can decide for everyone out there if they ever enjoyed a custom map? Just because you don't find time in tibia anymore to play it more than 4 minutes a time doesnt mean 90% of the cases a custom map sucks.
Also, by reading your entire post it seems like you lack interest yourself :)

To the one saying shadowcores is a great server I can both agree and disagree, Mark and Hani has put down alot of time on that ot and you can notice that by the player amount.
BUT the problem is sadly the player amount, when I started there was mby 1k players, was enough that it was hard to find a decent spawn but still not imposible like when its 2k players.
But if you don't think abt the players id say shadowcores is one of the best servers online atm.

And custom servers rly never goes anywhere tbh, ppl get tierd of exploring and they quit, ppl prefer the "easy way", go to yalahar lvl to 150 then go and pk in thais ~.
Thats atleast my view on this.

And the ots trying to mimic shadowcores dosen't have any devs, they have ppl who knows how to save a layout via chrome or w/e they use then add the php lines from gesior / znote.
Don't even play or donate on those servers, why support an ot like that if you get my point.

You can't say for everyone. Do you know how long Collapser server lasted? or even Unline which is still up right now. Custom server can work out it just depends on a lot of stuff. Also saying people get tired of exploring is not true, at least not for me, and I'm sure others. I could explore 24/7 it's so much fun. It's like playing tibia for the first time, so exciting and adventurous. Sure I guess there are people who like it easy, but not everyone. I love a challenge.

@DestinationSer
:O I'm surprised, when did I decided for anyone? Moreover I just stated an opinion, and also some reason for why some persons play Global maps.
By the way, what makes you think I lack interest? But, Yep, I lack interest in Global maps, I think of them as a mediocre way to have fun(MY OPINION AGAIN), I came to Ots back on 2007 when there was still decent people creating and playing good custom servers, because I always felt that Cipsoft was missing some charm to it.
I lack so much interest that I'm developing along side with EvilHero a custom server.

You can't say for everyone. Do you know how long Collapser server lasted? or even Unline which is still up right now. Custom server can work out it just depends on a lot of stuff. Also saying people get tired of exploring is not true, at least not for me, and I'm sure others. I could explore 24/7 it's so much fun. It's like playing tibia for the first time, so exciting and adventurous. Sure I guess there are people who like it easy, but not everyone. I love a challenge.

Well I feel the same as you, but the problem is the players. With my experience it says that custom servers dosen't really get alot of players, that said they don't get enough money to even pay the server and is therefor closed within 4 weeks.

Well I feel the same as you, but the problem is the players. With my experience it says that custom servers dosen't really get alot of players, that said they don't get enough money to even pay the server and is therefor closed within 4 weeks.

Servers usually close down because of either;
  • Lacking motivation to keep the server running
  • DDoS/DoS
  • No funds to host the server
  • Low player base
  • Bad host connection making players constantly freeze/lagg
  • Server getting hacked
    + more

Servers usually close down because of either;
  • Lacking motivation to keep the server running
  • DDoS/DoS
  • No funds to host the server
  • Low player base
  • Bad host connection making players constantly freeze/lagg
  • Server getting hacked
    + more

You listed those I listed, so whats the problem?

You listed those I listed, so whats the problem?
Nothings the problem, I just listed it so its easier for those whos gonna find up ridicilously bad excuses so they can see the actual reasons why a OT goes down instead of it being money hungry.

13 out of 15 servers on client 10.34 or higher using Real Map.
Just counted swedish list.

Truth is, the majority of players care more about the pvp than anything else, which is why they play RL maps. They don't want to waste time finding hunting spots or quests, they just want to level up fast, get a decent set, and go to war (not saying I'm one of them).
On top of that, the RPG community is split in so many categories such as:
-Those who prefer RL maps
-Those who want a custom map but have everything else the same (items, spells, etc.)
-Those who want something completely new (new map, monsters, items, vocations, spells)
-Those who don't know what they want.

This is why custom OTS often have very few players and end up going down.

My point is, you have to make a decision when creating your own server. You either look at what the majority of players are into (pvp) to get as many people as possible, or do what you feel like doing and create custom stuff but risk the 90% chance that less than 20 people will join.

Back