• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Itutorial's Terrible Sprites

I'm very sad I didn't see your thread before! :(

Well ltutorial, you have a very nice start there. You're applying the basic shapes very well.
I would like to see something with more complex design coming for you, like an ornamented armor. It will help your design sense for more complex shapes ;)

Keep walking!

Looks great for your first ones! Maybe apply a little more gradient colors at the top lines of the pickaxe, to anti-alias it a little :)

You can only go up from here... ;) Just jokes, good foundation (i'm terrible at spriting so dont make fun of me).

Best of luck hope you keep at it! We need more talented spriters to go along with @Leshrot @Shadowsong and @Erick Etchebeur ;)

Most of my problem is thinking of a design. I will probably copy other imgs to start. Isometric characters are a pain in the ass to create.

@Leshrot Can you help me with anti-alias?

I am so bad at this.

bow1.png

wand1.pngsword1.pngshovel.png

Last edited by a moderator:
;)
small edit
smalledit.png

sword1.pngsword1.png Crazy how much shading can change a picture >< Spriting is a pain. I will keep working on shading for a while then anti-alias I guess.

Last edited:
APRENDEPL.png

AA is the technique used to soften the serrated effect of the object line, there are people who do not use this technique in the shadow, it is the same idea of the black lines but in the shadow, as in the example of the yellow part.
at the time of creating the sprite remember to always start with a black background, so that you learn to use the AA without seeing the outline, and learn to do the AA in the shade to smooth the color degradation
Yellow - light colors green - medium colors Blue - dark colors red - reflection

Last edited:
Still bad but working on more complex designs then I will work more on shading.

Attachments

Main point to look here is the angle, the character is leaning back.
j9etwDu.png

I would recommend to draw boxes on perspective before outfits, maybe it will help.

take a look at this, I really love the content of these tutorials, it helps me a lot, maybe it helps you too

Oh, didnt mean to :p

They're nice and better than anything I could do.

Those naked men just surprised me xD

Back