• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Jacera 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Cyntara.org
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying something new here. I've never recruited staff from OTLand, almost complete strangers, but I've got a server that's in desperate need of some love, so here we go.

What is Jacera? Jacera is a Global Map Server that I developed and worked hard to make challenging, yet fun back in November of 2010. The map is not Thunderion, the map is not downloaded from a public forum, the map was provided by a close friend that has spent countless hours making it better than all of the rest. The old Jacera reached a peak of 200 players in only one week. This shows me that Jacera has a lot of potential, but not much of a loving community anymore.

Why did Jacera decline? Back when Jacera was averaging 280 players, TFS had an exploit that allowed players to duplicate items using the in-game guild system. Dupers created tons of donor items, and then a lot of DDoSing ensued. I reset the server and implemented an anti-dupe system (created by Jano) and the server never really picked up again due to the attacks. We then changed Jacera to 8.7 (one of the first launched servers ever to have 8.7) and Elfbot stopped being developed.

Proof: http://otland.net/f43/united-states-jacera-8-7-global-map-w-mounts-double-exp-weekend-103342/

TL;DR = Jacera used to be extremely successful, I have no doubts whatsoever about the server itself, we just need a staff that will be dedicated and take care of Jacera, and one day we'll hopefully hit the 400 player peak. Again.

We are not Zantera, we are not TibiaWR. Jacera is going to be 8.6. Hosted in The United States (America deserves a real global map server). It's going to be Lower-rate (levels maxing out around 230~). It's going to have very few, if any custom stuff.

Custom things in Jacera: Addon NPC (accepting all real items). Donation items (cheap, NOT OVERPOWERED - Most obtainable in-game). Creature Products NPC. Rashid will work as both djinns also.
And that's it!

So what are we looking for?

- Tutors [0/8]
None

- Gamemasters [0/3]
None

- Community Managers [2/2]
Autumn, Endorfin

What should your application include?

Years playing Tibia, years playing OTs:
If you've been staff before, on what servers?:
Other reasons you should be a staff member:
Have you played Jacera before?:

I'm sorry, I likely won't be accepting new posters or people that I've never even seen or heard of. If you have credentials, and you want to be a part of a bigger community, apply now! Hopefully we can share a fun server together!
Red

Last edited:
Hey, I saw this and thought I could help as a higher position. But anyway if you can use me as a gm, i'd like to apply. First to start, i know this is a new user, my Old user is Blez. Was created last year is 010, not completely new. But it has its advantages. I'm currently 17 years old. I speak English fluently ONLY, I'm currently learning German, but not well enough to add to an application. I started playing Real Tibia in 7.7-7.8, And I first started playing ots about 6-7 years ago, I play'd a few ots back then and went back to real tibia for about 2-3 years, and started ots and mapping about 2-3 years ago, roughly. I haven't been a staff member on any highly important servers, maybe thats the reason i'm here. I usually was just mapping and giving mapping pieces out, not saying i haven't became a staff member for anyone, because that would be lieing, haha. But I know well enough, and how to handle a great deal of players, and how to keep a community well organized. Well also having fun, maybe talk to a few people here and there. but also a time and a place for fun. I honestly don't have any particular reasons to become a staff members, while others may. I'm just that person, I just liek to help people more than have a player myself, if you see fit. I haven't play'd Jacera before, but maybe if accepted could be a new start more me.

But if you would like to know anymore, just shoot me a pm and we can talk a little more. Thanks for taking the time to check out the application, And good luck.

I'm Autumn, one of the CM's.
We will all be going over the applications and will be updating the status of your application.
More detailed questions may apply.
We are looking for people who will be dedicated with their position. I keep a close eye on all staff.
Basically anyone can post, just make sure you meet the requirements.
Goodluck.

-Autumn

I'm Autumn, one of the CM's.
We will all be going over the applications and will be updating the status of your application.
More detailed questions may apply.
We are looking for people who will be dedicated with their position. I keep a close eye on all staff.
Basically anyone can post, just make sure you meet the requirements.
Goodluck.

-Autumn

Alright, well like I said, if there is anything else you feel like you need to know, I'll be online for quite some time now. If also I can help with mapping. But saying sense its a real map server I doubt that, any of that will be needed. but yeah just shoot me a pm and i'll get back to asap.

Languages FLUENTLY spoken: Norwegian, English.
Years playing Tibia, years playing OTs: Cip Tibia. 6years. OT: 3years-
If you've been staff before, on what servers?: Demonika and several minor ones.
Other reasons you should be a staff member: Visit my Gamemaster application.
Have you played Jacera before?: No, but I was going to.

¤ Name: Joachim, Otland name (As you see): DestinationSer

¤ My Age: 15

¤ Languages spoken: I can speak Norwegian, fluent because i am borned in Norway and i speak Norwegian everyday so. And i can speak good enough English and i can speak a bit Spanish, Its only some words so.

¤ How many years ive been playing tibia: I started playing tibia when i was 9 years old and jumped over to OT's when i was 11 years old, And since ive played ot since i was 11 ive played it in 4 years now.

¤ What servers ive been staff on: Idretsvegen.mine.nu, Spiderserver.no-ip.org, Forgottenl.se, Evosuper.com + a couple of more that i cant remember now.

¤ Other reasons you should be a staff member: If you choose me as your staff member its not something you will regret. I am a trustable person, I do whatever you tell me to and I'll be helping players whenever they need help. I got some experiences of Tibia OT before, so im not one of those "noob gms" if you think so.
Im not saying im more qualified than others, all im saying is that you should choose me if you want a trustable and helpful person.
I can also map and script if you need that information but i guess you only need Gm's or tutors or something like that :p

¤ Have you played Jacera before?: No, but ill give it a try. It sounds amazing so it'll be amazing if you could hire me.

Ill say it again You will not regret hiring me.

- Destinationser

Languages FLUENTLY spoken: English and Arabic
Years playing Tibia, years playing OTs: I've been playing tibia since 2008 and Open tibia since 2009
If you've been staff before, on what servers?: Animera but that was when i got promoted from being a tutor, but it's now closed
Other reasons you should be a staff member: I love to help players basically. also one of the reasons i'd like to become a staff member is that i got alot of plenty time.
Have you played Jacera before?: No

Beside what i wrote in this mini application i'd really love if you go to my main Application Thread.
http://otland.net/f61/rushcrushs-game-master-application-142627/

Regards ,
Rush~Crush

Name:
Mohamed
-----------------------------------
Languages FLUENTLY spoken:
English and Arabic
Years playing Tibia, years playing OTs:
I've been playing tibia since i was 10 years old! and i've played and worked with servers since i was 13 years old!
If you've been staff before, on what servers?:
I've been gamemaster on ArchezOT 'GM Kako' , I've been god on xanteria server 'GOD Sprite' ohyeah's and gesior.pl's server! And i got my own server already running!
Other reasons you should be a staff member:
Well, I am trustworthy and I do not power abuse. I try to stay professional in every kind of situation. Also i love to help players! This will be my first job! If i were accpeted! Also ill be contact with owner beacuse if there is anybuggs that i should report to him! Otherwise! Good luck with this server!
Have you played Jacera before?:
No ,I didn't

How to contact me?

You can add my mail
Also i got a skype
Code:
mohamed.abdo461

Regards,
Mohamed!

Last edited:
@Kakoo
Do you expect Red to hire you if he can't read your application? :p try using normal fonts(and size(and don't make everything bold D: ))

@ONT
I must say that Jacera is a very fun & nice server and Red knows how to manage his servers, so if there is any good GM thinking about applying, please do so.
Good luck to everyone who applies, I'd apply myself, but I am already hired.

I'd recommend you RushCrush.

Name: David
Experience of Tibia/OTs: I've played Tibia since around 2001-2002 and OTs since maybe 2003.

I am a very fair and pretty strict gamemaster so that I can make sure the rules are being followed but I also approach people in need of help in a nice way.
Languages: I speak Swedish and English fluently.

I have not played Jacera before or been GM of a big server, however back in 7.6 me and a couple of friends did host our own OT which got like 40 players :p

Name: Nathanniel
Languages FLUENTLY spoken: English Spanish, Italian. I can also read and write/type Portuguese.
Years playing Tibia, years playing OTs: 4-5 Years
If you've been staff before, on what servers?: None currently active.
Other reasons you should be a staff member: Well most of the servers i've played i was a staff member, due to my loyalty, and my hard work enforcing the rules. Im easy to get along with, and im also a great scripter. I love helping people its fun and makes me feel accomplished.
Have you played Jacera before?: I have not played Jacera before but i'm hoping that won't affect your opinion of me.

Guys make sure to edit your applications with what you're applying for.
Would really help.
Thanks!

Position Applying For: Gamemaster
Languages FLUENTLY spoken: English
Years playing Tibia, years playing OTs: Tibia- 7 years Open Tibia - 2 Years
If you've been staff before, on what servers?: I have been Gamemaster on countless servers and it's hard to name them all. I have been CM on a few in the past, I can't exactly remember the names?
Other reasons you should be a staff member: I am kind, helping and a good person overall. I am easy to get along with and I my personality makes people want to be around me. I provide a good environment for players, that is what I am getting at.
Have you played Jacera before?: No I have not, if that effects the decision then so-be it.

Also, Read This. Click Here.
Note: I am one of the "newer" members, but I am very well known around Otland, not as a troll, not as an ass, but as a helpful and kind person. I am almost sure that anyone can agree, if not then please do say so.

Position : GM
Languages FLUENTLY spoken: Arabic, English
Years playing Tibia, years playing OTs: 1 year OTs, not much but worth a try =P
If you've been staff before, on what servers?: Admin and Beta tester on a server that closed due to rl issues, Tutor on swev-v3.hopto.org (Kako's server)
Other reasons you should be a staff member: I'm creative, dedicated and i work hard :D
Have you played Jacera before?: Nope

Please, check out my signature. It's a well-writen and serious application for a higher position. :)

Well, I would like to apply for a position on jacera (preferably gm) I have been a staff memeber on jacera before and was rather well liked among the community.

Languages FLUENTLY spoken: English
Years playing Tibia, years playing OTs: Real tibia about 11 year, Ots about 4ish
If you've been staff before, on what servers?: I have been staff on many ots back in the day, And twice on your servers.
Other reasons you should be a staff member: Because I have proven myself to you and your other staff that I take my position seriously.
Have you played Jacera before?: Yes I have.

When jacera is back up, I will bring myself naturally as well as trying to bring a solera team that me and tony were playing with while we got bored (about 7-8 people)... And the team from the 7.6 we were playing (about 5 people) I would also try and bring your number 1 fan back (tony) as much as you may hate him you cant deny that he does bring alot of ppl/wars to most ots

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back