• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Jacobs' mapping thread

Jacobs

Webdev, mapper
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Jacobs63
Hey everyone :)
Today I started to map seriously, and I wanna know what does the OTLand community think of my mappings :)
I am open to any feedback and ideas.
Here's a fresh one:
8yxdo4.png

Note: The monsters will be probably changed

Thanks!

You should use the "do not stretch game window" option for taking ingame pictures, looks a lot better.
Not sure what I think of this though, since I hate those sprites xD

I dont really understand why you named it a newbs mapping thread? It looks pretty professional to me. I could easily mistake this mapping for peroxides or neons anyday!

First picture i enjoyed, the second not that much..
But keep it up..

I dont really understand why you named it a newbs mapping thread? It looks pretty professional to me. I could easily mistake this mapping for peroxides or neons anyday!
haha ye nah. Different styles entirely, and I don't think me or Neon tend to have bugs in our maps often :p

This guy definitely has potential though :)

@Jacobs look forward to your progress, though think of how you are detailing the environment.

haha ye nah. Different styles entirely, and I don't think me or Neon tend to have bugs in our maps often :p

This guy definitely has potential though :)

@Jacobs look forward to your progress, though think of how you are detailing the environment.

Thanks!
If you could explain the mistakes I'm doing, I'd appreciate it, ready to learn :)

Keep go, you really has potential! Love it :)

2ngemc7.jpg

Damn, it's been two weeks since my last post? Holy macaroni.
Been busy with real life and real tibia... Currently having a bit more time to do something finally...
WIP on a jungle..

It's been some time since I mapped something... and I missed it..
Currently working on a thais rework, which is focused on remade sewers while keeping the thais' ground floor in it's classic shape with adding a bit of oldness to the city.
The original map was from some OT, so it's not 100% real map, but im thinking if I should keep it the way it is or just make it the real style - no djinns.
And also, should I keep the ground walls the way they are or do those thicker walls on the bottom instead of on the top? Thanks for ideas.

osafli.png

353cdib.png

Back