• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Jal's Mapping Thread

Jalorius

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm a big fan of the RPG style mapping and I would like criticism along my journey of creating an RPG map. I have only just recently started the map a few days ago and only have a few pictures to show you right now.

Please feel free with any feedback :)

e9f6684d23.jpg

d35d431895.jpg

c7d3780d12.jpg

Cheers
~Jal

I like this, but as Sir Knighter said, try stick with 1-2 walls but other than that, nothing to complain about. Good job

my gripe is those giant, dark brick city walls for such a seemingly small and cozy town. maybe make them thinner and use stone walls instead?

Gotta say I like your style :)

What versions do you prefer mapping and what are your end goals for your maps? Own server or just mapping some for fun?

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

@Schmanky I figured I give something else a try instead of using the original "border" walls for a city. I feel it gives off a different kind of feel for the city :p

@Exoltes Kind of in between of what I'm wanting to do. But I would like to have a full rpg map done up.

Cheers,
~Jal

Well I'm woking on a low xp rpg server with costum map so if you feel like putting your mapping skills to use let me know, I could always use the help :p

I could offer a lot of ideas, inspiration and freedom on the mapping aspect.

Last edited:
I think right now, I'm just gunna do my own thing. Too much going on in RL for me to be joining any big projects xD

Thanks for the offer though!

Cheers,
~Jal

I think right now, I'm just gunna do my own thing. Too much going on in RL for me to be joining any big projects xD

Thanks for the offer though!

Cheers,
~Jal
Sure np, if you ever feel like it don't hesitate to contact me :)

Keep up the good work. Looks great :)

Idk if its just me but the picture you just posted. That ground doesn't fit the underground "image" i have. Nice mapping overall xD

So.. I haven't posted anything in a while as I have been away from mapping for a few days, but here are some more pics of how the map is going :)

Fishing warf
d07c4ca693.jpg

Take a break from walking around town!
df709af8ec.jpg

Be sure you're equipped!
4c2b7896d2.jpg

Tree fort!
204a0416b2.jpg

Ouu! A bigger tree fort!
5d3ec09ec7.jpg

Cheers,
Jal~