• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Jasons Mapping Thread (Beginner)

jason93

Reaction score
Edit:
Forgot to say, This is a Evolution map that i am mapping, so we'll see what comes out of it !
Somebody with some ideas or critic?!? 55 views 1 reply! Cmon guys :**

Swamp house:
oldhouseb.png

Second Floor:
oldhouse2ndfloor.png

The Stairs down don't lead anywhere atm but thinking about doing a small Tarantula cave/dungeon

Last edited:
The swamp needs more plants and a dirtier shape, too clean for a swamp, the house itself is quite okay, I'd remove the big stone in the second picture, and add some cracked walls/flooring, I give it a 7/10 for beginner.

Here's a tutorial that isn't swamp but it's good for overall nature
http://otland.net/f480/nature-tutorial-noob-friendly-168456/

And here's a swamp tutorial, might be a bit advanced but just try your best
http://otland.net/f480/mapping-swamps-illusion-121283/index2.html#post1302777

Thanks! :D

Edit:
Removed The stone, and the floating statue that i missed :p,

And made a mountain right beside,

sacredmountain.png

Today Ive done a small Amazon camp with Mah Cages!!:
smallamazoncampwithcage.png

Edit: Somebody with some ideas or critic?!? 55 views 1 reply! Cmon guys :**

Last edited:
Too much autoborder, way too much autoborder, i would recommend mixing the roofs with some other textures, your nature sucks, here and here are some tutorials. Don't be afraid to put more stones around the whole map, but don't overextend. Mix the ground and grass more. Idk why the mess on the roofs, these stone thingies don't fit here imo. The cage idea is nice, there are some ways to improve it, but i dunno how to say that. Overall, i would give you an 4/9,5. Read tutorials, read them alot, they DO help!

Here is the Village you Asked for Macedoon, But it's not finished yet as you see. I will post more pictures when im done with it, this is just an sample how it will look like "kinda"

First Picture:
screenshot2013012518401.png

Second Picture:
screenshot2013012518402.png

Third Picture of the village:
screenshot2013012518403.png

From what I can see it looks good but it can be better, try using raw and I can always give you the tip to watch other mappers. This reminds me, I had this cool picture I found on the internet, I tried mapping once and it turned out pretty cool but its really unfinished. I'll share the pic with you, try mapping it, perhaps you'll like it :)

z_c9Dp.jpg

I'll show you what I made out of it, remember that it's unfinished :p

(notice the time being 21:21 :D)
Dq3dal.png

That looks great, il test doing that but it will take me some days (Cant map much at daytime), And we'll see what comes out of it :pP

Back