• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Buying Javascript Tutor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello.
I guess if you are reading this then you are interested in teaching me Java.

I am currently a student, learning to become a microsoft information technology professional, which I will become in less than 3 months more. I won't go into my qualifications as they are irrelevent. Though I would like to hire a javascript tutor to expand my knowledge of scripting.

You will need;
Ventrilo or skype or some other voice communication programme.
Teamviewer or some other remote program.
Expert knowledge of javascript and you are able to create web-based games
Fluent English as I am English myself, this is a must as I cannot work with someone with bad english skills via ventrilo or skype.

Payment:
Payments will be negotiated. I am willing to pay quite a bit, though this will be payed weekly, as an ordinary job. If you fail to fill my needs I will fail to pay you. It's understandable and if you feel it isn't, do not contact me.
Payments will be sent via paypal, of course.

I am interested in creating web based games, some can be found in 'arcade' sections of forums, I'm not sure if otland has this, but most do. You can also search google for free online games and will appear web based games.

If you want payments up front, do not contact me as in a real job, this would never happen.

Thank you, and I hope to hear from some Java programmers soon who are interested in working with me.

Feel free to PM me to ask any questions.

Sincerely,
Dave

I know but Javascript looks better imo xD

I know but Javascript looks better imo xD

What he's saying is Java and Javascript are two different languages.
You're looking for a Javascript tutor and in the post, you want to learn Java.

So, what is it?

If ur good at reading english shit, you don't need to hire any teacher, only lamos do that. Just google, read some e-books and practice, that's the best and the only way. Here is some reading material for beginning:

JavaScript Introduction
Download JavaScript eBOOKs @ allfree-stuff.com (57 e-books about javascript)

or if u want to learn Java, here are 120 free e-books on Java:

http://ebooks.allfree-stuff.com/eBooksList.php?tCatid=28&tCatName=Java

I recommend you to start reading with Java Game Programming For Dummies

There are tons of other sources to learn from, all you need is time and willing to do so.

Last edited:
Well that sums everything up for me. :D
Thank you and sorry if the post was confusing. Lol

Aren't arcade games usually done in flash?

I don't really know what javascript does, that's why I wanna learn more about it. I thought arcade games ran on java , my bad. :(

I meant web based. :p
Btw ty richux you saved me 200 euros haha.

I don't really know what javascript does, that's why I wanna learn more about it. I thought arcade games ran on java , my bad. :(

I meant web based. :p
Btw ty richux you saved me 200 euros haha.

Don't learn Java, XNA is the future ;)

Never heard of XNA

Never heard of XNA

It's Microsoft's game development environment, and since they pretty much rule the game industry you're certain that your time won't be wasted. It requires you to learn C# however, but considering both Java and Javascript borrows syntax from C it's a really good way to start off as a game programmer.

Here's a great tutorial to get started: Riemers XNA Tutorial > 2D Series: Shooters

Sounds good I will do more research first ;)

It's Microsoft's game development environment, and since they pretty much rule the game industry you're certain that your time won't be wasted.

Actually XNA don't rules game industry, C++ does and will does forthe next couple of years.

On post, javascript is a Client-side programing language, help to make validating data,events, interactive HTML pages, identify browser etc..Also it is easy one.

While java is a much complicated language like c++ in complexity , java used in making internet games yea, but it is used in many other things too.

Also if you need to learn javascripts and you have money and want to pay, just pay a visit to Linda.com vedio tutorals they are really good.

Actually XNA don't rules game industry, C++ does and will does forthe next couple of years.

He clearly stated Microsoft rule the game industry, not XNA. But as XNA is being developed by Microsoft, he said Divise won't waste his time learning it.

Learn one language. Learn them all. Java is close to C. It's all the same save the syntax.

Learn one language. Learn them all. Java is close to C. It's all the same save the syntax.

Ty for bumping an old thread though this can be closed. Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back