• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Jobs Section Update: Poll

Codinablack

Dreamer
Content Editor
Solutions
Reaction score
I believe the jobs section needs an update to be more organized. I believe it should have two sub sections, One for paid services and the other for ingame services or services by other means, such as I help you, you help me, ect ect. Then I also believe those to subsections should have subsections for requests and and applications. Meaning, ex. I just got done doing this awesome map for this guy, now I can go and look for anyone requesting a mapper, if there is none, I can post my application and resume on here and wait for someone to find me. How many people would be in favor of this idea?

Both yes and no if you ask me. I both do paid and free services depending on my time and the thing im gonna do. (Except things like zaypay, paygol etc I always charge for those).
And in my opinion it could be good to split them up, atleast with scripting services and ingame things like Gm request etc.

Exactly. I just would like to see some more organization there, for both people looking for a job and those looking to hire...

I'd like to bump this suggestion - not because I particularly agree with the solution/issue given here but because this sub needs some attention.

Nowadays postings in jobs forum fallback to next page within a week more or less. Either splitting/adding sub forums for buy/sell or for specific deals (code/hosting/map/...)

A bump button (to avoid useless spam) with a cooldown to get your posting back to top could also work.

For example I'd like to offer free smaller services myself but I don't want to mix that in my own paid thread and I don't feel confortable having 2 threads there seeing how hard is to keep you in the first page to let others have a chance too. From years giving services I know that you'll only get contacted when you are up. People see you through the last threads widget in the main forum sidebar or just on top of the jobs forum when they are searching.

Just my 2 cents on how the forum could be improved.

Back