• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Jona21 Mapping Thread

jona21

Reaction score
Hello its my first time mapping and this is what i made

wyrm1.JPG

wyrm2.JPG

wyrm3.JPG

wyrm4.JPG

wyrm6.JPG

its a wyrm cave hope you liked
if no then you can give me some tips or something

A lazy mapper is a bad mapper. Autoborder all over the place. Bad, bad, bad!

Sorry, but the layout is terrible.
The walking paths are way to small and also some of them are blocked off.
Also, why put wyrms ontop of water?

Alot of stuff that doesn't make any sense to me in these pics, but I think you have potential, you use some Raw Floor Borders atleast which is a very good start.
Atleast it seems you have put some effort into the details since there is quite alot of it at some places, altough, not entirely well placed on most places.

Try Making another cave.
If you want narrow passages, don't use to much details because it may interrupt the ingame gameplay if it's blocking the player :p

Think about realism when you map.
You could think: "Does this make any sense at all?"

Some other tips would be:
Don't mix to many ground types, small patches looks alot better than big patches of a ground type.
- Try to put dirt patches on sides of a cave and tiny dirt patches in the middle (only a few, not many patches)
If you want grass in a cave try to put it near water, like you have done in some places AND also, if you have wines clinging down a cave wall, you can put a VERY small grass patch there to make it look like it has grown downwards somehow ^.-

But anyhow, I think you should look around the forum alot, on every mapping show-off thread and take inspiration from others and look how people map.
Good Luck Mapping!
And yeeeh.. Hopefully this isn't to confusing xD
I'm pretty damn tired =DDD

Well i decide to start whit something more easy i think so i made a small rotworm cave

rotworm.JPG

Don't autoborder and don't put grass tufts, specially those big ones on dirt.

If you make a more raw looking shape it will look better, mostly the middle parts look square.

Last edited:
The borders on the 2nd pic look a bit messy, you can give the mountain a less round shape to make it more natural. And for the cave, better make the cave walls with raw, with autoborder they make big square parts.

unfinished random spawn

dibujomjh.png

dibujo1de.png

i put trees but i first start with the bushes then put some trees that its not finished maybe i put some

Back