• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Just a little something I've been working on...

Hello Flatlander! Looks cool and i like the Idea since the original lightning system is kinda broke..

I would like to offer you some Jobs Regarding light system, PM me if intrested

Cheers!:)

That's neat. I assume it uses 'isSightClear' or a similar method to filter moveable items and creatures out the player's vision range in the outcoming packet? But then you would have to create another method to be called on player move to re-check their close vision range (not just out-of-screen).

Is there any client interaction on this?

That's neat. I assume it uses 'isSightClear' or a similar method to filter moveable items and creatures out the player's vision range in the outcoming packet? But then you would have to create another method to be called on player move to re-check their close vision range (not just out-of-screen).

Is there any client interaction on this?

It doesn't matter if you can "see" the torch or not using isSightClear. You can see the light the torch is giving off even if the torch is hidden around the corner.

I'll explain more once I finish the system and have it nearly perfected. (If you notice, the light from your player, is not the "new light". It still uses the old light that can go through walls and stupid stuff)

It doesn't matter if you can "see" the torch or not using isSightClear. You can see the light the torch is giving off even if the torch is hidden around the corner.

I'll explain more once I finish the system and have it nearly perfected. (If you notice, the light from your player, is not the "new light". It still uses the old light that can go through walls and stupid stuff)
Yeah, I noticed the player light is the official one, that's why I thought on mentioning light hacks and such, but then I assumed it uses a server-sided radius. Now that you said it, are the "secondary" (non-self) light sources created by singular tiles? Also, are you gonna post its code?

I was going to ask why the torch on player didn't display the new light but you already mentioned something on it.
This sure is amazing flatlander keep the amazing work, if anything just make the ldhadow a bit more strong

Yeah, I noticed the player light is the official one, that's why I thought on mentioning light hacks and such, but then I assumed it uses a server-sided radius. Now that you said it, are the "secondary" (non-self) light sources created by singular tiles? Also, are you gonna post its code?

I might.
There is a way you could edit it to "kind of" work on the normal client. But my current one requires the OTClient have changes to it as well.

Lighthacks will always work unless you simply don't send the tiles underneath the darkness..
Which I might do. (Any tile that you do not have line of sight to I might not send to the client)

I might.
There is a way you could edit it to "kind of" work on the normal client. But my current one requires the OTClient have changes to it as well.

Lighthacks will always work unless you simply don't send the tiles underneath the darkness..
Which I might do. (Any tile that you do not have line of sight to I might not send to the client)
So it will also hide creatures on a dark tiles?

This is kind of tricky since you'll have to filter out only creatures and moveable items in order to keep the game screen showing ground, walls and map decorations even into the dark. Anyway, it looks delicious, it would be nice if you could post it for studies.

This is kind of tricky since you'll have to filter out only creatures and moveable items in order to keep the game screen showing ground, walls and map decorations even into the dark. Anyway, it looks delicious, it would be nice if you could post it for studies.

If it is "pitch black" it doesn't matter if it doesn't show the ground. If you can't see it, you can't see it.

I think that should increase fps, as when those pitch black tiles won't send anything, then there won't be any draw calls. Am I right?

I think that should increase fps, as when those pitch black tiles won't send anything, then there won't be any draw calls. Am I right?

FPS isn't an issue if you don't draw giant light sources in the OTClient.

The top 3 issues with the OTCLient in terms of optimization are:
  1. The battle List Sorting is terrible and needs to be completely redone.
  2. The lighting system is horrible and needs to be completely redone.
  3. Animations and Outfits could use a little optimization but aren't too bad.
I have done a bit of 1 and 2, I have not worked on 3 yet.
The lighting system I use simplly uses a lot of small lights with no overlaps. Rather than the constant large over-lapping lights of the original client.

FPS isn't an issue if you don't draw giant light sources in the OTClient.

The top 3 issues with the OTCLient in terms of optimization are:
  1. The battle List Sorting is terrible and needs to be completely redone.
  2. The lighting system is horrible and needs to be completely redone.
  3. Animations and Outfits could use a little optimization but aren't too bad.
I have done a bit of 1 and 2, I have not worked on 3 yet.
The lighting system I use simplly uses a lot of small lights with no overlaps. Rather than the constant large over-lapping lights of the original client.
You forgot the constant texture bind that is source of all lag in the game screen.

You forgot the constant texture bind that is source of all lag in the game screen.

I don't know much about Graphics Engines. All I know is what I found from testing.

I do know the #1 problem is the battle list. It's so incredibly bad that you will have your entire game freeze if you have too many creatures on your screen. And even my $2000 computer can go down to less than 10 fps and have freezes with too many creatures on screen.

If you disable the battle list, the next biggest issue I found was lighting. Everything in tibia seems to give off HUGE amounts of light, and they overlap, and stack and cause all sorts of problems.

After that, I found that animated items and outfits cause the third highest amount of fps issues. But I haven't really determined why, maybe its what you said (texture binds) but I can't tell without actual testing.

I have almost no knowledge about graphics systems, how graphics work, or anything. I am a simple lowly self-taught programmer that works off the basis of Testing Problems, Making Changes, and Testing again.

Back