• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Just need a little advice.

Skadarn

Reaction score
Hi!

Recently took up mapping (really novice at it) and just started from a fresh canvas.

Would love to get some input from the community on what to improve and if you see something that you would to different since well.. I'm just going at it, learning by doing.

My goal with this map is a map where you recognize the places, but still a fresh feeling to it.

First picture is a little bit of my take on Thais.
Second one is the cyclops spawn south east of Thais.
Third one is just north from thais (underground)
Fourth and Fifth is an undead spawn underneath the 3rd picture.

Any tips are welcome!

I'll update from time to time with new images to get some feedback! :)

Attachments

Actually with some small fixes, that ghoul spawn is not bad! Not bad at all i like it!

Try to not make things so square!

Be patient, it takes time to learn how to map. But once you get the basics down and the mind set it's only your imagination that sets the bar.

Try to have a "colour palette" like that cyclops spawn, those orange brick walls is looking a bit weird :/

Have a look in the mapping threads and take some inspiration from other mappers! We have some really good ones here and with the style you want to go for (recognizable but fresh) i would recommend looking at Mackan, Aftonbladet or Marshall_

Don't be afraid to ask any questions mate and welcome to mapping! ;)

/\ Just by turning off pathing in view or pressing "O"

006728.png

006729.png
I would put some dirt border on the top of each black tile in tombs because this tiles looks pasted.

Anyway great props for secret path, I do them same way xD

/\ Just by turning off pathing in view or pressing "O"

View attachment 61605

View attachment 61606
I would put some dirt border on the top of each black tile in tombs because this tiles looks pasted.

Anyway great props for secret path, I do them same way xD

Thanks for a detailed response, and as @Andréew pointed out, I need to start thinking less "square".

I do like the idea of a small river creek running through the spawn, I'll look into that!

I want a beaten up small "community" (like the cyclops came down and ruined the town, killed the people who lived there and took over) and I can't find any wooden or stone "pieces" that does that.. might have missed some, I'll have another look! :)

And lastly @zbizu I'll try and remember that :)!

Back