• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C/C++ Just some links to C++ tutorials and useful programs

Flaite

Reaction score
I think many of these might be posted around already, just wanted to put them together for the people who wanna know how to program in c++ and haven't found good tutorials or are just too lazy to look.

C++ tutorials:

http://www.cplusplus.com/files/tutorial.pdf
This tutorial is very detailed, well explained and a little long.

C++ Game Programming
In this page you can find tutorials for C++ and game programing, not that detailed but has good stuff.

Beginners Games Programming
I still haven't checked this one out but it seems to have useful stuff.

GP: Phase 1
Looks good but I think you need to register before watching the contents.

Useful programs:

Download Dev-C++ from SourceForge.net
Here you download Dev-C++ v.4.9.9.2, use this to create programs in C++.

Useful links:

Browse Dev-C++ Development Packages Files on SourceForge.net
Here you can find most DevPaks, you'll need some of these to create your program. (You can find Allegro here too, for those who are following the tutorial in C++ Game Programming)

Extra:

Open-Tibia.com Downloads
Here you may find something useful, for example if you go to "Tutorials->How to compile a server" ,you might find good info, such as some devpaks you need to download, they're all in the link I posted before exept for the Boost DevPak, which you can find here http://tehsausage.com/boost-1.39.0-1sau.DevPak (Direct link to download).

That's it for now, I may add more things later dunno, hope it's useful for somebody, if it is feel free to give some rep :thumbup:

C ya!

Last edited:
I would like to help me with a compilation of the syntax to do my warm thanks scripts! Send private msj

whats the difference, I personally just need compiler with libs, not thing that "helps me" spamming my screen with suggestions wasting my pc resources

for tfs I recommend npp as editor+ modified dev as compiler

whats the difference, I personally just need compiler with libs, not thing that "helps me" spamming my screen with suggestions wasting my pc resources

for tfs I recommend npp as editor+ modified dev as compiler

LMAO, I'm not picking C::B because of "helping tooltips" or smth. Dev-Cpp is kinda outdated last release was 3 years ago, in case of C::B it was arround 3 months ago. It just has more features. Also I'm coding like you, doing everything in Notepad++ and using C::B only to press F9, but still I'd rather use C::B than Dev.

LMAO, I'm not picking C::B because of "helping tooltips" or smth. Dev-Cpp is kinda outdated last release was 3 years ago, in case of C::B it was arround 3 months ago. It just has more features.
5 years*

how to use codeblocks to compile tfs :p? I was not able to get it working for soem weird reason...

WOW, i cant understand why you haven't added "thenewboston(s)" tutorial on c++ he has alot of c++ tutorials on youtube. Everyone should go and check them out.

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMx_G05cqYI&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SPF541C2C1F671AEF6
This is a playlist with 29 of his c++ videos.

Go to TheNewBoston – Free Educational Video Tutorials on Computer Programming and More! to find all 73 c++ videos

Which version of C:B do I download?

1. Binary Release OR
2. Source Code

I'm a real noob at this so I have a real noob question that needs answering..

My PC is on Windows but Dedicated Server is on Debian 7 (Wheezy) (64 bits), so do I download a linux platform of Code Blocks or windows platform?

I'm a real noob at this so I have a real noob question that needs answering..

My PC is on Windows but Dedicated Server is on Debian 7 (Wheezy) (64 bits), so do I download a linux platform of Code Blocks or windows platform?

^^ Bump

Back