• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Just Started] 8.6 Trustjah's mapping thread

Just a liiiittle bit too much.
Wait for an advice from an advanced mapper. :p

WUHUUUUUUU A RAW MAPPER !!!!!!!!
just for this you already deserve a like.

try to mix it with some other dessert ground's just a few small spots, and those green plants just in area,
and not over the whole piece.

Oh ya, I wrote you deserve a like-

Alright, thanks for the advice.

i'll try to mix some ground together and remove some flora, what about my borders? are they any good?

WUHUUUUUUU A RAW MAPPER !!!!!!!!
just for this you already deserve a like.

try to mix it with some other dessert ground's just a few small spots, and those green plants just in area,
and not over the whole piece.

Oh ya, I wrote you deserve a like-
why do you say a raw mapper? he could just do the auto bordering afterwards, those borders don't look like they were made in raw (and if they were, they could have been made the exact same but 100x faster w/ autoborder)

The bordering is done with raw, as you can see with the borders being next to each other vertically. But I recommend, as much as Eiserne said, tone it down on how much detailing you do for a desert type environment. You show a nice amount of potential for only being a new mapper and going straight to raw.

Group the flora in some places, leave others open/with very little. Its looks better and more natural than simply spread out like this.

Dont abuse grass tufts, in sandy areas like yours you should more likely put a few around the trees and very little away from them.

Your raw borders are surely better than auto-bordered ones, but still some are simply unnatural. Try making them more realistic, without too many twists.

Thanks for the great feedback!
So i've been removing and adjusting some things. Does this seem to work better?
i'm finding it hard to make the island have a "realistic" look also, what other ground can i use in desert like area's other than dry earth?

i3xf79.jpg

Regards.

The rock in the middle is pretty cute.
I dislike the zig-zag water up there.
Good job anyway!

Alot better I must say!, less large grass tuffs, more yellow dried grass tuffs and dried grass borders.
Yellow dried grass tuffs, are these available for 8.6? cannot seem to find this item anywhere in my editor or i am just looking over it.

Regards.

You got potential thats for sure. If you keep mapping and keep taking constructive critisism you will get far. Good luck ;)

I remade the shape a little bit and added some things, what do you guys think?
Does it look more "realistic" now?

20pr33s.png

Last edited:
The last image is wonderful!
Some little adjustments and fixes you'll figure out yourself then you're done!
Waiting for other work from you :)

i'd say 15 minutes, was having trouble with the ramp... and did not know what ID type i had to use for the dirt borders.
just trying to create some things in my spare time, remember i am completely new at this.

Last edited:
Back