• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Kamil's mapping thread

kamilcioo

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello. My name is Kamil.
It will be my mapping thread. Feel free to comment and criticise me as I'm new into creating maps and I want to improve.
Map editor:
2r2bzbo.jpg

2m5e3oo.jpg

2s9f3p4.jpg

Some screens from in-game:
3310qy9.jpg

9rt0xv.jpg

Anyone can show me some nice id I could use here? I really don't have an idea what details I could make.

I guess there is none :/ rathleton is the emptiest city that cip ever made imo

Looks a lot like Kazordoon. But I guess that's your source of inspiration.

Ugh, the pillars with lavastreams next to them does not make any sense.
Anyways, decent mapping and pretty cool looking overview of the depot.

Some kind of dragon lord cave.
Don't look good for me tbh, got any idea what could I change?
n1b446.jpg

This is pretty fuckin sick.. Only thing i'd change is the metal borders +1 to me this looks like deep in a cave, removes the cave feel a bit.

But that's just my 2 cents.

I like it

Some kind of dragon lord cave.
Don't look good for me tbh, got any idea what could I change?

Usage of mountains is bad + Mountain borders, metal fittings does not fit, the gold by the lava is just... wat? Stairs doesn't fit in a cave like this. Lavafall is not complete. Change ground to Dirt Floor ID: 353 (imo).
Overall, this is not "Sick" as stated above. Sorry, but it's the truth.

Usage of mountains is bad + Mountain borders, metal fittings does not fit, the gold by the lava is just... wat? Stairs doesn't fit in a cave like this. Lavafall is not complete. Change ground to Dirt Floor ID: 353 (imo).
Overall, this is not "Sick" as stated above. Sorry, but it's the truth.

Metal fittings look good for me : P.
Does this look better?
257ga49.jpg

Metal fittings look good for me : P.
Does this look better?
257ga49.jpg
this is definitely better than the first one. i suggest deleting about 70% of your mountain borders, remove the metal thresholds as others have stated, it doesn't fit. if you're looking to make the ground better, use some dirt borders. crystals usually form in a bunch, so with them being evenly spread out, it loses the "natural" feeling you're going for with this cave. so, bunch the crystals and pile some rocks on top to give them a buried look.

also, using the fire wall sprites against where there is lava will enhance your map.

Thought I'd revamp your screen, got nothing else to do. might inspire you.

lRf8OYC.png

Same here! :p

I tried to keep the elements of your original picture to hopefully give you a couple of ideas on what you can improve if you're looking to stick to the same theme :)

UKVobo4.png

Mapped a bit today. Any idea how can I improve?
1. It's not finished but I got no idea now.
316nhbn.png

2. Entrance:
rvdkk3.png

Back