• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

KDE Initiative

Do you think this is great?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • What is KDE?

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinmaru

エロルアー Scripter!
Reaction score
Well today I bring something very interesting to anyone that uses windows but wants to use a different shell.

Ok so the people at KDE.org are working something that many will like and that is to port KDE plasma desktop to windows, I find this to be awesome since I really like Linux and more importantly KDE, KDE is know to be quite the innovative at Desktop Environment and it's quite the "Eye Candy" of most Environment out there.

Here is a Screenshot of my desktop running KDE4:
windows7kde4.png

So now tell me what do you guys think of this?

Link: Windows.KDE.org

FAIL, BAD !

KDE generally sucks, crashes and freezes.
Why would someone install it on Windows ?! To make it running slower ? It works well now, and looks well. They'd better fix bugs in Linux version than develop really unnecessary software...

FAIL, BAD !

Why would someone install it on Windows ?! To make it running slower ? It works well now, and looks well. They'd better fix bugs in Linux version than develop really unnecessary software...

True, but that's distro dependent, because I've used Kubuntu(KDE Environment for Ubuntu) and it works perfectly, but for me fedora with KDE is just bad. on what Distro have you used KDE on?

FAIL, BAD !

Where do you live? January 11, 2008?

True, but that's distro dependent, because I've used Kubuntu(KDE Environment for Ubuntu) and it works perfectly, but for me fedora with KDE is just bad. on what Distro have you used KDE on?
Mandriva PowerPack nad XtremeOS, it was some time ago (maybe 2008/9), when KDE4 was beta...

And this is why your initial post in this thread was completely pointless. If you don't have anything relevant to say, just don't post.
It was just time reference. You should read it like this: When KDE4 was beta, I used KDE3 and it sucked.

It was just time reference. You should read it like this: When KDE4 was beta, I used KDE3 and it sucked.
And now you are making even less sense than you were before. What you said was the following:

Yet you later tell us that the last time you used KDE was 3 years ago, when it was in beta. Then you tell us that it was not even the current generation of KDE - KDE 4 - that you were using at all, but instead KDE 3!

I don't know what you can't understand. I used both KDE3 (stable) and KDE4 beta. Both were so bad, that I won't try anything new. And, in my opinion, it makes no sense to install KDE (which performance is questionable) for Windows, where you have enough UI effects.
Got it now ?

I don't know what you can't understand. I used both KDE3 (stable) and KDE4 beta. Both were so bad, that I won't try anything new.
"I used a beta version of a desktop environment that was released 3 years ago. It was buggy, so I refuse to try KDE out now that it's gone through 6 new major releases!"

Your loss!
And, in my opinion, it makes no sense to install KDE (which performance is questionable)
[citation needed]

for Windows, where you have enough UI effects.
Do you even know what KDE is? The KDE Windows project was started with the aim of bringing components and applications from the K Desktop Environment to Windows systems, not to "add UI effects".

Got it now ?
I've always had it, but you don't seem to have a single clue.

[citation needed]
It's not wikipedia. It's my personal opinion.

Do you even know what KDE is? The KDE Windows project was started with the aim of bringing components and applications from the K Desktop Environment to Windows systems, not to "add UI effects".
I know, there's much more, gadgets, widgets, everything scriptable... blah blah

I've always had it, but you don't seem to have a single clue.
Really ? So why did you ask ?

just don't post.
If you want to dig so deep, then you've just broken some laws :)

I know, there's much more, gadgets, widgets, everything scriptable... blah blah

are you going to rage? He had the reason from the start, KDE4 did improve this time even tho im not a KDE user.
& It does not lack in memory.

Saying that something is lacking in performance is not your "personal opinion" - it's a claim that you must back up with evidence.

Because you are posting absolute nonsense.

I'm sure the internet police will come pay me a visit soon enough!

Saying that something is lacking in performance is not your "personal opinion" - it's a claim that you must back up with evidence.
No, not really... You asked if I think it's great. It's not. It is my subjective, personal opinion.

Because you are posting absolute nonsense.
If you think so...

I'm sure the internet police will come pay me a visit soon enough!
Ofc they do !

No, not really... You asked if I think it's great. It's not. It is my subjective, personal opinion.

This is what you said:

KDE (which performance is questionable)

And when I asked you for proof, this is what you said:

Saying that "KDE's performance is questionable" is not your personal opinion. It is a claim that must be backed with a real argument. On the other hand, saying that "I don't like how KDE looks or works" is your personal opinion.

Take your nonsense elsewhere.

Saying that "KDE's performance is questionable" is not your personal opinion. It is a claim that must be backed with a real argument. On the other hand, saying that "I don't like how KDE looks or works" is your personal opinion.

I won't find you a proof, even though I could. I won't waste my time anymore. And, fyi, it can be my personal opinion that it is my personal opinion. You don't need to agree on that :)

Maybe you could have avoided wasting everybody's time by not posting bullshit.
It is your personal opinion whether it was bullshit or not, and you don't have the right to speak on behalf of everybody.

It is your personal opinion whether it was bullshit or not, and you don't have the right to speak on behalf of everybody.
How many times do I need to tell you that your claims were not "personal opinion"?

If I say that "I don't really like how KDE looks", that is my personal opinion and it is an subjective claim. However, if I say that "KDE performs really poorly", that is not my personal opinion because it is an objective claim. Your opinion is your opinion, but what you've said in this thread is not an opinion. Objective claims must be backed up with arguments and evidence.

Do you understand yet?

HOLD UP, WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!
I made this thread to show people about KDE's new windows project, not to have a war about what is an opinion or that if KDE sucks!
FYI KDE in the future will replace and integrate with windows desktop that it will not make any desktop run poorly! right now as it is it does put a blow on performance but that that's because windows desktop has to run at the same time with KDE desktop(since KDE is not well integrated).

anyways stop the argument or I'll just close the thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back