• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Keep Alive?

LooSik

Solutions
Reaction score
I've noticed that I'm dropping connection whenever I'm not getting any serverside packets for a while. Is there any particular check/packet that keeps the client connected? I've looked around, but couldn't find anything related. Regular client keeps me online just fine, while the otclient drops me when I'm not getting any serverside packets. One thing to mention is I'm not using otserv, but my own server written from scratch.

While I can't help with your problem, I want to say good job creating your own server from scratch. :eek:

While I can't help with your problem, I want to say good job creating the server from scratch. :eek:

Hehe, it's definently fun to start over in different language. It requires buttloads of time tho... I don't really have that much of spare time, so it will take quite a while for live server :D

I suppose the way otclient socket works is that it timeouts if doesn't receive any data in set time. Since we have onThink->ping in otserv it prevents ever from disconnecting. Which implementing onThink ping did fix for me.

If you written your server from scratch you should know the problem

Back