• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Key rings for keys only

munch

Reaction score
Mushi mushi! :)

New ideas:
Quick in-depth:
You can collect your keys and use the key ring on doors to unlock them.
The price depends on how many keys you shall merge together to a key ring.
Each key adds an additional 1.00 oz to the key ring.
You can open the key ring same as a spellbook, with a list of your keys.
Key 4037 - Hall of Lost Doors
Key 3666 - Mad Mage Room
Key 3701 - Necromant House
Key 3899 - Paradox Tower

Suggestion #1:
Instead of 'using' the keys with the key ring, you can, instead, take all your keys to the 'Key Ring NPC' and then he'll transform them into one item - the key ring.
This acts like a key to all the doors of the keys that you gave to the NPC. It is, in a way, like a master key.
So if you took 5 keys to the NPC, he would take them and in return give you a key ring which opens all of those 5 doors!

Suggestion #2:
You put the keys and the key ring in the same container (e.g. main backpack).
By talking to an NPC, you can exchange these items to a 'special key ring'.
With this special key ring, the keys' codes are now added to this key ring.
In other words, the NPC deletes your items and creates a brand-new item with the codes from the keys you exchanged.

If you have a few keys already in your special key ring, and you want to add new keys to it.
The NPC will store the keys' codes from your special key ring and the new keys from your backpack, before deleting the items and creating a new one.

Suggestion #3:
Click on a key and choose "Use with..." from the context menu, and click on the key ring.
This will add the codes from the key to the key ring.
Possibly like above, if possible.

=================
(´~.,`\ OLD TEXT /´,.~`)
=================

Okay, this is a real request.

How can I make key rings only used for keys?
And making that if I use the key ring on a door, it will open, if the right key is in the container.

F.ex, I have Crystal Key 1337, Wooden Key 71814 and Bone Key 83457 in a key ring, I need only to "use" the key ring to open any door that is needed by the keys mentioned.
Since you can't open a key ring anymore, you have to drag a key and drop it on a key ring to make it useable through the key ring.

Thousands thanks in advance,
Munchie.

Last edited:
Pity. :(

Thanks for an in-depth though!
I appreciate it a lot. :)

The reason why I would give key rings new purpose, is because, maybe as you all may know, the potions and runes are gonna get stackable in the original Tibia.
Of course, it's optional if anyone wants to implement it to their server, but I think it's a good solution to make it more convenient.
But the key rings has lost its purpose.

That could work, but all other keys that could be implemented to the server, would lose its purpose.

Got an idea, you could exchange the keys to a key ring from an NPC, the keys that are exchanged with will give its code to the key ring.
Like, the key ring can be used on the doors with the keys you exchanged.

Ye, but you would need a custom client cuz you need to change item attributes to make key ring useable.
If this is done just make a script which sets the key rings actionid to 2^x for every key (x<16) and edit your door system to make it work..

Last edited:
Ye some bugs in my head, sorry my master ..
I meant 2^x and I know highest actionid that why I wrote a condition 2^16..

Last edited:
Thanks to you both for a detailed in-depth on it.
I'll surely try it out. :)

Btw, I don't think Cyko is trying to lecture you, Rhux, guess he just mentioned it for those who do not know.

Well, there is a way. You could change keyring to 'usable' and create a script allowing to add keys to it by using the keyring on each key.

To check how many keys one keyring have - "you see a keyring, it contains: 1435 key, 21485 copper key ble ble".

It would be quite interesting in fact!

#edit: sorry, it seems that I was a bit careless, you've already written something similiar in your suggestions. Damn you lack of sleep, my worst enemy!

Back