• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Kos' world

xKos

Reaction score
Hi there!
Inspired by the things that were happening in this section of the forum I have decided to start my own gallery. I mapped once in the past, but this is my first real go at it.

35jmjw1.png

30v0x6v.png

330qw6s.png

34gn3ie.png

zx2kat.png

5tw4mg.png

34i0dbd.png
I'm a true amateur, but I enjoy mapping so much that straight after posting up this topic I'm going back to RME :) I also hope that many of you will give me some advices on what to do to improve my skills. Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi there!
Inspired by the things that were happening in this section of the forum I have decided to start my own gallery. I mapped once in the past, but this is my first real go at it.

35jmjw1.png

30v0x6v.png

330qw6s.png

34gn3ie.png
I'm a true amateur, but I enjoy mapping so much that straight after posting up this topic I'm going back to RME :) I also hope that many of you will give me some advices on what to do to improve my skills. Cheers!
It's not bad to be honest. I'm glad you enjoy it so much, atleast that will help you learn a lot more!

You still need to get used to placements etc but considering some of the stuff people post, it's not bad :)

out of all your pictures i prefer #2. Ofc i would trade a few sprites for others but it's not horrible, and you're starting with a clean style rather than "place every sprite in one frame" mentality.

Therefore you are on the right track, my advice:
Although tutorials are great for new aspiring mappers - they can only do so much. It is probably most beneficial to actually follow other mappers who are highly rates.. Look at peices by macedoon
cNJKl.png

20uww46.png

Magnetico:
The original jungle ruins ;d
newlizard.png

newlizard3.png

Darklord:
2njdb9z.png

They are really good inspiration peices and i think watching members like this will really help you alot :)

regards

I actually do watch these galeries, I just don't have enough time to comment! Thank you very much for these advices though, they are helpful :).

54vho9.png

o6en92.png

14u3k4.png

rm8rps.png

The main part of the village completed.
Caves:
z7gxi.png

Last edited:
Use less of the fat grass/dirt border as they tend to make everything look awkward. Also, use less of the fat grass tufts and don't be afraid to spam the small tufts as it can tend to look very good, especially with good nature. The grey rubble doesn't look good on grass/dirt - so use the brown rubble.

Back