• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Kuzyn tries mapping again

Kuzyn

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I tried to do some fun mapping again, just for showoff. Please leave a comment if you like it or want to say what should be done better.

I'm trying to make a medieval village, at the beginning a fisherman's hut near bridge leading to the village.
Credits to dami1310, chickens.
mapa.png

A small hut for the chicken! I like it! Imo it looks nice, but I dont like the bridge

xddddd.png
I found few mountain bugs, bridge just look really bad u should work on it. For me there is too much items per square on this map xD Try to make i t cleaner

I found few mountain bugs, bridge just look really bad u should work on it. For me there is too much items per square on this map xD Try to make i t cleaner
Two mountain bugs corrected, about third I don't know how to change it. If you got other idea (not red ones I showed below), please tell me :)
1574301817309.png
i dunno, i rly liked that bridge (although he used wrong endings)
Which endings are good in your opinion?

~~~
Continuation of village, we moved to the left a little. Some peasants live here with their pigs and grow some plants.
Untitled-4.gif

Last edited:
Finished mill and some surroundings.
1579270033085.png

Actual minimap and incoming things. On the top of the mountain there will be small castle with forge. In Western part of village there will be some houses for peasants and tavern for travellers and merchants.
1579270748309.png

I like tavern especially that instead of third room upstaris you made space to look on lower floor, I think there is great place to put trophy on the wall ^^
I would just re-order first room to differ it from second one...
Love outside look of tavern, I'd put few sticks for some horses and at least water bucket for them : ]
Glad to see You working ^^

but what concerns me the most is lack of railing! upstairs! upstairs from tawern! at least You should put hay underneath for those poor unlucky people who fell^^ (I know that there is no possibility to connect railings that goes horizontal and vertical, and you would be left with distance, i don't get how cipsoft survived without this graphic, it makes me mad all the time i make railing with my favourite wooden motive)
PS: few plank borders are sticking out under wooden railing)

I like tavern especially that instead of third room upstaris you made space to look on lower floor, I think there is great place to put trophy on the wall ^^
I would just re-order first room to differ it from second one...
Love outside look of tavern, I'd put few sticks for some horses and at least water bucket for them : ]
Glad to see You working ^^

but what concerns me the most is lack of railing! upstairs! upstairs from tawern! at least You should put hay underneath for those poor unlucky people who fell^^ (I know that there is no possibility to connect railings that goes horizontal and vertical, and you would be left with distance, i don't get how cipsoft survived without this graphic, it makes me mad all the time i make railing with my favourite wooden motive)
PS: few plank borders are sticking out under wooden railing)
Thanks!
I moved a bed in one of those small rooms ;] And yeah, now there is some wheat and water for horses.
-8.6 items always feels original
Map is based on 10.98.

Southern part of the village - wooden wall under construction.
1674421810265.png

One small addition also in the northern part - training field for archers and soldiers in general.
1674421859321.png

It looks great. Keep it up!

I'm not a mapper so you don't have to see this as advice. And I know that it is your style to be very detailed, but sometimes less is indeed more. In this case I'm not a big fan of the white sand nor the gravel. The bordering is a bit confusing to the eye and makes it look too cluttered. But at the same time, bordering is what you excel at - so keep at it.

A few mappers have really figured it out when it comes to bordering, in particular natural shapes of dirt and grass. It's just how the paths flow together that makes it really feel natural in an assymetric, yet intended way.
I've highlighted an area of yours which perfectly encompasses just that, down below.

I'd love to see you keep focusing on your bordering technique.

2.PNG

It looks great. Keep it up!

I'm not a mapper so you don't have to see this as advice. And I know that it is your style to be very detailed, but sometimes less is indeed more. In this case I'm not a big fan of the white sand nor the gravel. The bordering is a bit confusing to the eye and makes it look too cluttered. But at the same time, bordering is what you excel at - so keep at it.

A few mappers have really figured it out when it comes to bordering, in particular natural shapes of dirt and grass. It's just how the paths flow together that makes it really feel natural in an assymetric, yet intended way.
I've highlighted an area of yours which perfectly encompasses just that, down below.

I'd love to see you keep focusing on your bordering technique.
Tbh I don't like that gravel too, but I couldnt think of better transition between cobbles and that ground in the middle. About white sand, I think it looks better ingame and that exact piece of map is meant to be played, if I finish it ofc... but we'll see.

Thanks for the feedback, maybe someone will come up with an idea how to replace the gravel (I won't to avoid making it all surrounded with grass).
Also ground floor below for anyone interested. Small fix to ground near the boats.
1689772870167.png

If you mapping again maybe you create for me small island to my RPG SERVER? :)

@OTcreator
Hey, I do not take any orders because I dont have enough time and will to make them.
If I will finish this map Im doing right now, I will post it for anyone to download.

1690118864330.png

@Wolfsoft
Tbh I have no idea what do you mean. I havent look at a single map while making this so could you explain a little bit more? Its nothing special for sure, just basic town with basic nature.

Last edited:
Don't be offended, everything looks really well done, borders some other vibe recreated, but it's still not something. Don't look at others for other map standards. Make something your own, mix something up, sand boat? Or swamps and fire? Get away from the typical map look and do something of your own.

Back