• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Lag on my server, what reason?

Nubaza

LUA Scripter
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello i've a Server with 40+ people and 1000 created accounts aprox.

i've inverted on a VPS from hmaserv.net (i don't know if is known or itsn't)
I've this:

Page: Znote Acc (http://poke-latino.sytes.net) web with no LAG, 1 sec to charge
RAM: 8GB
HD: 200GB
Network: 1 GB
Ips: 1
DDOS Protection: Layer4 & Layer7 (20GBS - 10mpps)

For any strange reason the people still having LAG :/// I'm stressed with this
My people on my server are all from Latinamerica (Chile, Venezuela, Mexico) etc
Maybe is that or the quantity of accounts created? I was 1500 accounts but i've deleted 500 inactive accounts with a script-

Can anyone help?? Thanks://

There may be several reasons... There may be a script that's causing lags, so you might want to add exhaust to all talkction scripts maybe :p, it may also be the country that the VPS is located in, if your dedicated server/VPS is in china for example and you're in America it won't be so fast, but if you're in the same country as your dedicated server / VPS then it will be faster... :p

Yeah but i have not much errores on the console...

That's true but Canada is on America, same than latin countries like Chile or not?

The other thing: some pages or games are located on USA or the same CANADA and are visited for all the world without lag, the reason of that it's are to much expensive?

Hi nubaza,

With that description it can be many things, check your I/O Speed if your server is slow reading data to the harddrive then it will feel "lag" on game, if the website it's ok and your "gameserver" isn't it is probably something on the network so do trace routes, pings also if you are getting hit by a DDoS sometimes you can't feel it in the web but rather on the game so check your email with alerts about DDoS.

Best Regards.

Tbh get a real server, what you have (VPS - VirtualPrivateServer) is pretty much a normal computer split up in X amount of pieces, they might take 1000eur for the most expensive server they have, they take one of those, split it up into 50 servers(just an example) and sell them for 50eur each.
In that case they would gain around 1500 eur profit and the "normal" rent (1000eur) would still have been paid.

A real dedicated server is a real computer, no one except you has any access to the CPU, harddrives, RAM, #Internet connection.
That makes it lagg less, you can get cheap dedicated servers from server4you, hetzner etc. But none of them has any DDoS protection, id recommend hosteam.pl (shadowcores is hosted there) and they withstand ALOT.

Long since I used serverloft but look there aswell and see what might fit you the best!

Back