• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Lagg for some people but not all??

GOD Wille

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Ubuntu 12.10

Sometimes randomly I can get kicks from tibia which lasts for like 3 minutes at least, huge laggs cant even open character list, then after 3 minutes again it starts to work. Under these 3 minutes i can barely connect to SSH or anything.... (Meanwhile others can play without problems)

I hear this from players that they notice lagg randomly sometimes, so I can't be the only one.

What may be wrong? And how to check?

15 Eur Paypal to the first one who solves!

Maybe location issue? When I tried to play bitzot(hosted in USA) from Europe I experienced high pings, while people from America playd without any problems.

I doubt it though, since a Swedish friend was playing without any problem at all (we were in skype) meanwhile 2 of us had lagg.

Even Egypt players complain about lagg but some get it at different times not everyone at the same time. Host is located in Poland btw

Another thing that happened for my staff; he had lagg at his staff character, could barely walk properly got kicks, but not at his normal character... which is very weird (while using MC)

That didnt happen me though i have lagg at all chars when i have lagg, but still, thats all i know

But then after some minutes it starts to work good again, but the thing is that it might just lagg for others then which is just as bad...

"Dragon Of Druid: lagggg" meanwhile it works good for me

Your Swedish friend probably has a much better connection, it's a combination of the latency between your connection and the hosts connection.

It could be several things...

Give more details about the dedi specifications?
It could be that the CPU max outs?
The RAM?
Also how fast is the ethernet connection?

I checked the CPU while it happened for others and it was maybe at 20%, same with memory

Ethernet connection? I think 100mb+ but since i got this mail from hosteam I think It got fixed.
Hello
With the combination of additional links to our company. Advance operator made a mistake in setting filters and wrongly gossiped our addressable.
They have improved their mistake.
Please confirm if the problem stopped.
Regard

I will notify if It's not:)

update; Did not solve anything, and about ISP this has never occured for them at Evolera ever before, and do everyone really have ISP problems just at different times? doubt it

update; Did not solve anything, and about ISP this has never occured for them at Evolera ever before, and do everyone really have ISP problems just at different times? doubt it
Wrong. They can absolutely have ISP issues at different times, ISP is delivered on grids, so unless they are on the same grid then this is entirely possible.

Back