• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Large amounts of lag?

heley

Reaction score
Ok, so set up all the server, no problem apart form case sensitivity, but worked that out quickly, however when me and a friend log on we have large amounts of lag, like 2 second delays walking with keys and freezing every couple of seconds? i know its only 1gb, but its only got 2 players on it??

Please help :(?

Whats your computer info?

Processor?
Ram?
Hard Drive?

What kind of internet are you using?
How big is your map?

the map is 12mb, here is the specs of the server:

Server Status running
Uptime 1 day 2 hours 4 minutes 45 seconds
IP Address(es) 46.105.246.41
Hostname
CPU 0.09% of 4 cores
Memory 725.39 MB / 1024.00 MB
Swap 25.62 MB / 0 bytes
Disk Space 1383.48 MB / 6144.00 MB
Disk I/O 710.295552 bps reading, 220.946432 bps writing
Network 117.613255 bps in, 10.220316 bps out
Number of processes 51
UBC Fails 0

its the cheapest package don does, the 10 euro amonth for 1gb of ram. But that should be able to support 2 players...

More detailed information would be appreciated.

- Map size?

- Poorly written scripts?
- CPU spikes?
- How is the latency?

You are using alot of memory. Also why is there 51 processes? Another thing you should try is restarting the server. Sometimes these servers start to lag after a day or so with no restart. Everything else looks fine. I agree that you should be able to easily host two players. If those 51 processes are internet involved that could deffinitly be it. Make sure you arent watching videos or downloading anything. make sure no one else is on your network doing the same.

You are using alot of memory. Also why is there 51 processes? Another thing you should try is restarting the server. Sometimes these servers start to lag after a day or so with no restart. Everything else looks fine. I agree that you should be able to easily host two players. If those 51 processes are internet involved that could deffinitly be it. Make sure you arent watching videos or downloading anything. make sure no one else is on your network doing the same.

lol its a private dedicated server, i cant see whats going on, i can just copy/paste my server stuff into it, i cant see what the processors are but I assume there just the linux ones, and i cant restart the server just the tfs server.

I don't think i can help you man :/. If i were you i would get in contact with the host owner. He should be able to fix the problem or at least see what the problem is.

Server Status running
Uptime 1 day 2 hours 4 minutes 45 seconds
IP Address(es) 46.105.246.41
Hostname
CPU 0.09% of 4 cores
Memory 725.39 MB / 1024.00 MB
Swap 25.62 MB / 0 bytes
Disk Space 1383.48 MB / 6144.00 MB
Disk I/O 710.295552 bps reading, 220.946432 bps writing
Network 117.613255 bps in, 10.220316 bps out
Number of processes 51
UBC Fails 0

First, make sure you have the server running on all 4 cores. In the config.lua find the cores editing place. Type 0, 1, 2, 3. Also set it to run on realtime.

Then you can go into control panal>system>advanced>performance

You can adjust options there if you like. Then:

go into the advanced tab, You will see virtual memory.

Click change, then press system managed size. Click apply, restart your computer.

Check, and come back with details.

- - - Updated - - -

You should ping your server and see what's the reponse time. It should be 50ms.

Im on diel-up (10mps) 2kbps download....I ping at 35ms...

Back