• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Learning Different Languages?

Learn anything that uses English letters, much easier to understand if you are a native English speaker.

If you think about learning Arabic, I'd say goodluck and just...dream.

I have no idea what to learn at the moment, that website Korrex(?) gave me looks promising for German / Spanish.

Arabic is definitely something I will not be learning :p

Japanese, just cause.

Youtube has tutorials & the such to help people learn, maybe download audios and listen to them in an Mp3 player or something.

Japanese, just cause.

Youtube has tutorials & the such to help people learn, maybe download audios and listen to them in an Mp3 player or something.

I really don't wanna learn Japanese or Chinese, mainly because I hate the speech of them when they talk in their language.

No offence to anyone.

Japanese, just cause.

Japanese & Arabic are qualified as the hardest languages available to learn.

I'd say learn Spanish,French or Italian <-----Easiest available after English.

I really don't wanna learn Japanese or Chinese, mainly because I hate the speech of them when they talk in their language.

No offence to anyone.

:OO Japanese is awesome!

Though honestly, i'd learn to just to watch Anime easier that's like the only reason xD

+1, I learned a lot of italian in just 1 week there lol!

I actually used kat.ph to download rosetta stone & some language pack's and have to say it's a great program, if anyone is wanting the link hit me up don't know if I can post them.

Also it's a big file as you would imagine so not for the faint of heart.

I actually used kat.ph to download rosetta stone & some language pack's and have to say it's a great program, if anyone is wanting the link hit me up don't know if I can post them.

Also it's a big file as you would imagine so not for the faint of heart.

I'll try it out :) gimme a pm

If you're going for spanish take in account that you will NEVER have an excellent level of spanish, if you're not native then it's really hard to get everything right, and it will take you longer since it's a stupid and complicated language when it comes to past tenses and verbs in general (without counting accents ´)

^never is a bit strong? Ofc you can you never heard of translators? There are spanish speaking people who are russian, english etc. its not so hard. Tho i admit it would sound strange with strong accents

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend learning most of eastern europe languages. Any of them is decent to have. Or just learn russian. :>

^never is a bit strong? Ofc you can you never heard of translators? There are spanish speaking people who are russian, english etc. its not so hard. Tho i admit it would sound strange with strong accents

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend learning most of eastern europe languages. Any of them is decent to have. Or just learn russian. :>

Translating is diff, that's not what I meant, I mean It's pretty much impossible for someone to get a perfect english without being native and starting from scratch at OP's age, but yeah, never is too much, exceptions can happen.

If you're going for spanish take in account that you will NEVER have an excellent level of spanish, if you're not native then it's really hard to get everything right, and it will take you longer since it's a stupid and complicated language when it comes to past tenses and verbs in general (without counting accents ´)
Define what you mean by excellent level of Spanish first, I don't think even most native speakers reach that level. As long as you do more than sitting with your books and group mates, you can reach the same level as the native speakers if you actually go to a Spanish speaking country and interact for real.

Define what you mean by excellent level of Spanish first, I don't think even most native speakers reach that level. As long as you do more than sitting with your books and group mates, you can reach the same level as the native speakers if you actually go to a Spanish speaking country and interact for real.

I think native speakers (properly educated) can't be put in a "1 to 10 scale", native is above that IMO, no foreign can ever know more than a properly educated native, and I'm not talking about knowing more words or more vocabulary, but knowing the language in a deeper way, I can't find the words to explain it, It's like something that happens naturally so it's kind of "perfect", but again, I can't find the words to properly explain it so I better leave it the deeper way thingy.

I think native speakers (properly educated) can't be put in a "1 to 10 scale", native is above that IMO, no foreign can ever know more than a properly educated native, and I'm not talking about knowing more words or more vocabulary, but knowing the language in a deeper way, I can't find the words to explain it, It's like something that happens naturally so it's kind of "perfect", but again, I can't find the words to properly explain it so I better leave it the deeper way thingy.
Ok. Doubt he wants to reach such a level though, I personally don't, as long as I can communicate with the person, it's enough.

Ok. Doubt he wants to reach such a level though, I personally don't, as long as I can communicate with the person, it's enough.

Of course, I just wanted to say that the language itself it's kind of a pain in the ass to study properly, you can be ok with a regular language knowledge, people will get you anyway.

This spanish will do me fine. "mi no hablos espanol" :>

Anyway.... Buenos dias (spelling?)

Not Japanese, try Chinese, Japanese is a simplified language of the Chinese language, some say Spanish is hard, true to a point, our grammar rules are stupid insane, specially when it is followed in the written form. Spanish to speak is easy, though you will get the accent wrong and also, the accent and some word definition vary from country to country, but in general it's all the same, if I would suggest, learn the one that they teach in Spain, because no matter what we all understand them.

Livemocha
It's a community backed language learning site, it features some of the theories used in Rosetta Stone, you can't be ashamed about submitting a vocal input to verify if your pronunciation is correct, you will also need some external reference(Dictionaries, Grammar Rules, etc.).
In overall it's a good site, if you make a profile, be sure to check the background of the user you ask help from, they have a score system to let uses know, plus they verify if the member is legitimate, since many claim they are teacher, translators or language Enthusiast.

- - - Updated - - -

This spanish will do me fine. "mi no hablos espanol" :>

Anyway.... Buenos dias (spelling?)

"My no speak Spanish?" that's what it translates.
the other one is perfect.

If you learn polish it will be easier for you to learn russian i think because it sounds pretty much the same
but i find it hard to learn russian letters xD

As a native Polish speaker I can ensure you that is not necessarily true. Even though they sound kind of similar, you still have to learn Cyrillic script before you start with Russian.

@Topic:
First of all I wouldn't recommend German language, I was learning this language back in times and these seven years were one of the worst years in my life to be honest. But I second Sentielo's suggestion, either Chinese or English is way to go.

As a native Polish speaker I can ensure you that is not necessarily true. Even though they sound kind of similar, you still have to learn Cyrillic script before you start with Russian.

@Topic:
First of all I wouldn't recommend German language, I was learning this language back in times and these seven years were one of the worst years in my life to be honest. But I second Sentielo's suggestion, either Chinese or English is way to go.

huga

Keep changing my name?
Three Magic 2009-2011
Beo for 1 month
Hectic for 1 month
Three Magic for like 5 months
Tyren (which I'm staying with)

Everyone knows I'm Three Magic still, so theres no problem.

Tyren i didnt i know that u r three Magic
and foe Three Magic i didnt know that u r Beo XD
anyway i recommend French :D

Back