• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

LeaseWeb / ServerLoft / eUKHost

Artii

Seldora.net
Reaction score
I made a broadband speed test at:
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Dedicated Server OS: Windows Server 2003 STD / Windows Server 2008 STD

Dedicated server from LeaseWeb [280 EUR / month] I get from 2-20 Mbit/s Upload speed. I'm not happy with that..

Dedicated server from ServerLoft [199$ USD / month] I get only about 2,5 Mbit/s Upload speed. I'm absolutely not happy with that..

Dedicated server from eUKHost [140 GBP / month] I get only about 2 Mbit/s Upload speed. And that sucks hardtime too..

Why does everyone get an high upload speed except me, some people say it lags sometimes in my servers <_<.. it's not like I have some cheap shit servers, but I take the very good ones..

Do you have this problem too? What results do you get, and what can I do to fix this

Last edited:
Europe = OVH
Scandinavia (in europe) = Skarheim Data (I know a hosting company irl :D)

America: Singlehop.
I get 2 full 100mbps uplinks from the american server, so seeding with torrents with like 60mbps + OT without lag D: (but europe players lag because its so far away though).

singlehop != necessary short distance, there is a single hop between europe/usa, but the cable is longer than you think :s

btw, never speedtest over remote desktop =s

p.s: why people say they need something to hold 400-500 players when they probably wont reach 200 =s!

p.p.s: most lags are from sucky server not connection

Last edited:
I'm asking because I will need it, I do still need a recommendation for a dedicated server in EUROPE that makes it lagfree for all.

singlehop != necessary short distance, there is a single hop between europe/usa, but the cable is longer than you think :s

p.s: why people say they need something to hold 400-500 players when they probably wont reach 200 =s!

Yep, correct.

Europe actually got some good fiber connections over to America, but afraid not over to Chicago in north America. Sad. :C

If you operate an Ot in a good way, dos prevented, and an TFS server without tons of console errors, you won't even need any more than 2 - 5Mbps upload.

how much do u pay for 100mbit internet in home ? and u are from ?

100mbts isnt even expensive, its just about if you can have it, where you live.

We would buy 100 mbts.(Approximately 90~~)
if they could transfer it to us, right now they can only transfer around 40, but we are paying for 50.

take a look on ur isp's website, check if they can provide you 100 mbts, I promise you it isnt much more expensive at all :p

I actually have operated the OT in a very good stable way with no errors and shitty codes, I got 0 console errors.
Just need the best recommended dedicated server in Europe.

100mbts isnt even expensive, its just about if you can have it, where you live.

We would buy 100 mbts.(Approximately 90~~)
if they could transfer it to us, right now they can only transfer around 40, but we are paying for 50.

take a look on ur isp's website, check if they can provide you 100 mbts, I promise you it isnt much more expensive at all :p

hmm what is ur site ?:p

I agree so much with the bold thing.

I pay 10 Euro (After conversion of currency)
And i get internet with record in signature (Not that fun :/ Normaly i get onlu 8mbits upload, but i hope so that it will be fixed cause i have problems with ping)

And really I advice to buy a dedic in ovh -german if your players are mostly from europe or from france (ovh.fr) if your You have players from around the world : )

Back