• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lets Count To A Million!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each pagenumber says how much the last number will be before page switch. So if we say, page 82, it has 820 as last (pagenumber*10) and this page will have 830 at last. But I'll change it, it shall have 828 or 829 :D
I don't got a signature either, so that will make it harder for me to "win" lol, I'll get a signature right now, and an avatar ofc lol :D

If you just allow me to do some maths stuff lol, I suckz but I'll try! :D

6(55 * 5) + (5 ^ 5) - (47 * 100 + (25 * 3)) + (10 * 10 + 3) * 8 + 2 * 2
6*275 + 3125 - (4700 + 75) + 103 * 8 + 4
1650 + 3125 - 4775 + 824 + 4 = 828

Now, hope I stold the room, so 830 won't be the last number :D

You guys gotta do that tho lol, in 83 threads, no one has exceeded the "1post limit" >.> It's always 10 posts at each thread :(

And well... next number 829, will probably come in this page and maybe even 830 too, but whoever gets 829, try to write something longer than usual so we can break through this little thingy, just check every page, starts with (pagenumber - 1 * 10 + 1) and end with (pagenumber * 10). So, whoever you are write alot ;) We must break this thing :D

Regards,
Colandus

Last edited:

BEWARE
Acquired immune deficiency syndrome or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS or Aids) is a collection of symptoms and infections resulting from the specific damage to the immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in humans,[1] and similar viruses in other species (SIV, FIV, etc.). The late stage of the condition leaves individuals susceptible to opportunistic infections and tumors. Although treatments for AIDS and HIV exist to decelerate the virus's progression, there is currently no known cure. HIV, et al., are transmitted through direct contact of a mucous membrane or the bloodstream with a bodily fluid containing HIV, such as blood, semen, vaginal fluid, preseminal fluid, and breast milk.[2][3] This transmission can come in the form of anal, vaginal or oral sex, blood transfusion, contaminated hypodermic needles, exchange between mother and baby during pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding, or other exposure to one of the above bodily fluids.

Most researchers believe that HIV originated in sub-Saharan Africa during the twentieth century;[4] it is now a pandemic, with an estimated 33.2 million people now living with the disease worldwide.[5] As of January 2006, the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) and the World Health Organization (WHO) estimate that AIDS has killed more than 25 million people since it was first recognized on June 5, 1981, making it one of the most destructive epidemics in recorded history. In 2005 alone, AIDS claimed an estimated 2.4–3.3 million lives, of which more than 570,000 were children.[6] A third of these deaths are occurring in sub-Saharan Africa, retarding economic growth and destroying human capital. Antiretroviral treatment reduces both the mortality and the morbidity of HIV infection, but routine access to antiretroviral medication is not available in all countries.[7] AIDS death toll in Africa may reach 90-100 million by 2025.[8][9]

HIV/AIDS stigma is more severe than that associated with other life-threatening conditions and extends beyond the disease itself to providers and even volunteers involved with the care of people living with HIV.

It's important, no delete plxxx

BEWARE
Acquired immune deficiency syndrome or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS or Aids) is a collection of symptoms and infections resulting from the specific damage to the immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in humans,[1] and similar viruses in other species (SIV, FIV, etc.). The late stage of the condition leaves individuals susceptible to opportunistic infections and tumors. Although treatments for AIDS and HIV exist to decelerate the virus's progression, there is currently no known cure. HIV, et al., are transmitted through direct contact of a mucous membrane or the bloodstream with a bodily fluid containing HIV, such as blood, semen, vaginal fluid, preseminal fluid, and breast milk.[2][3] This transmission can come in the form of anal, vaginal or oral sex, blood transfusion, contaminated hypodermic needles, exchange between mother and baby during pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding, or other exposure to one of the above bodily fluids.

Most researchers believe that HIV originated in sub-Saharan Africa during the twentieth century;[4] it is now a pandemic, with an estimated 33.2 million people now living with the disease worldwide.[5] As of January 2006, the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) and the World Health Organization (WHO) estimate that AIDS has killed more than 25 million people since it was first recognized on June 5, 1981, making it one of the most destructive epidemics in recorded history. In 2005 alone, AIDS claimed an estimated 2.4–3.3 million lives, of which more than 570,000 were children.[6] A third of these deaths are occurring in sub-Saharan Africa, retarding economic growth and destroying human capital. Antiretroviral treatment reduces both the mortality and the morbidity of HIV infection, but routine access to antiretroviral medication is not available in all countries.[7] AIDS death toll in Africa may reach 90-100 million by 2025.[8][9]

HIV/AIDS stigma is more severe than that associated with other life-threatening conditions and extends beyond the disease itself to providers and even volunteers involved with the care of people living with HIV.

It's important, no delete plxxx

Lol, before they thought gays did this disease XD

OnTopic:
Let's see where 830 comes, I already mentioned it, so why'd I mention it again?

No time for maths this time :D
Darn, it's still on this page! I gotta write alot lol, next page, we shall write alot on each reply!

Regards,
Colandus

Now mighty wikipedia will tell you what OTS is.

OpenTibia (also known as Open Tibia Server, OTServ or OTS), is an open-source server package that emulates the protocol of an official Tibia server. Since its first release in late 2001, OpenTibia Server has become a wide-spread community of developers through which new revisions appear almost daily on the SVN servers hosted on SourceForge[1]. OpenTibia also refers to the community of players and programmers focused around the project.

Number of active servers running the OpenTibia software is around 1400 and number of active players runs around 20000[1] as of June 6th 2007, with over 35000 users registered at the official OTServ forums[2].

It is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

What it is used for

OpenTibia Servers are used for general Tibia playing, with adjustments made by the user in order to make the game fit more to their expectations and wishes, which aren't found or possible on the official Tibia servers. Often characterized by a more free, or easy, role-playing climate. Open-Tibia servers are actually more difficult than the actual game because the characters are able to get to such grand levels that during PvP becomes much harder because your enemy is much harder to defeat. With constant updates happening to the Open-Tibia servers they have more incentive. Also, some OTs, as they sometimes are called, make their own creatures and weapons to enhance gameplay. Many people play Ots for a better experience, either more challenging, or someting easier.

Legality

The legality of OpenTibia has been discussed on many occasions, but every time it has been concluded that it is legal to run an OpenTibia Server. However, in order to comply with the Tibia EULA, which clearly states that the client must not be edited in any form, several alternative clients are in stage of development: The Outcast (Also the first 3D implementation of the Tibia-protocol game client), OpenTibia Client and YATC.

From a programming standpoint, there is absolutely nothing illegal with OpenTibia. While it may be a simulation of the real server software, it was never programmed based upon pre-existing source code. That means that it was all made from scratch. Not only that, but OpenTibia in itself is a server, and only a server. This means that, if using the same protocol, any other program or game can be used to connect to said server.

Although rapidly gaining popularity, OpenTibia has never been directly threatened by the creator of the original game servers, aside from when World of Tibia was formally asked to remove OpenTibia forums from their website. This does not mean that CIPSoft has or ever will be able to press legal charges against the project.

I
Make
Enters
:confused:

d00dz, you must write more :D:D:D Next page (85) shall not start with #841!

I originally posted this on ****** but I thought I'd go ahead and bring it to this community. This will serve as both and explanation and as a tutorial for you to make your own OT Server completely legal. Enjoy it.

An OT Server, technically speaking, is an illegal use of CipSoft's Tibia Client. However, the server program that is being used to contact that Client (i.e. Neverland, YurOTs, etc.) is not illegal.

So how can the owner of the OT not be held responsible for any issues regarding the Tibia Client? Simple. All you have to do is write a nice disclaimer. In the case that you don't really know what to say, you can use the following:

Disclaimer
By connecting to <Insert company/server name here> server, you are agreeing that <Insert company/server name here> is not responsible for any damages done to your computer through use of any program you are using. You are also agreeing that you are to be held fully legally responsible for any use of any program used to connect to <Insert company/server name here> server. In the case that you are using the Tibia Client, created and copyrighted by CipSoft GmbH, <Insert company/server name here> is not responsible for any legal issues that may arise between CipSoft GmbH and yourself.

All you need to do is copy/paste either that Disclaimer or one that you write on your own that is somewhat similar to that into your website. Note: You must make the disclaimer very obvious/easily noticed for it to be strong enough evidence against your case in the case that CipSoft actually tried to start a legal issue with you. (A good place to put it would be before they get to the A.A.C.)

Alright, now that we have solved the issue of legalities with the use of CipSoft's client, we need to deal with the issue of the donation money that you are accepting from someone who is using a copyrighted client to illegally connect to your server. Just as we did before, we must write another disclaimer. A good disclaimer would be much like the following:

Disclaimer
By donating to <Insert company/server name here> server you are agreeing that the money you give is to be recognized as a donation or a gift, and not as a payment. <Insert company/server name here> is not liable to give anything in return, but there is always a possibility that as a "thank you" for your donation you could get a small reward in return of lesser value. Such rewards could consist of the following:

If you donated $10, <Insert company/server name here> may reward you with <Insert reward here>

If you donated $5, <Insert company/server name here> may reward you with <Insert reward here>

By placing the donation disclaimer on the same page as your "Donate" link, you are clearing yourself of legal issues. This disclaimer states that they are basically giving you a gift, which is completely legal, and you are saying that you "may" reward the individual that donates to you. That "may" is what saves you. It means you are not liable for returning, so they are not buying anything. Note: It may be a smart thing to mention later on somewhere outside of the disclaimer that you will give them their reward so people don't think you are scamming them.

Well that should just about cover it. Donations are completely legal if you go about getting them the proper way. If you want to use any of my Disclaimers on your own OT, you have full permission to do so.

My own little disclaimer:

Disclaimer
This tutorial/explanation is completely mine, so if you would like to post it anywhere else, please give the credit to "MZ990."

Thanks for the read and good luck with your OT,
~MZ990

EDIT: I FORGOT TO PUT THIS IN THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF MY POST, SO I AM GOING TO ADD IT JUST AS IT IS WRITTEN ON ******.

Alright, I missed out on one big issue so I'm gonna add it down here.

Most OT owners like to place download links to the Tibia Client and an I.P. Changer, which is an illegal thing. But as with everything else in life, you can bypass this with those wonderful things that I like to call disclaimers. All you have to do is put the following disclaimer on the same page as your links to an I.P. Changer and CipSoft's Tibia Client.

Disclaimer
By choosing to download any programs via the <Insert company/server name here> website, you are agreeing that <Insert company/server name here> is in no way responsible for any legal issues or damages caused by using these programs. The Tibia Client is copyrighted by CipSoft GmbH and it is unlawful for you to use it to connect to any servers other than the servers supplied by CipSoft GmbH. Use these programs at your own risk.

So there we go, all you have to do is put that on your downloads page and voila, no more legal issues. That disclaimer is telling the person who downloads the programs that you are not responsible for any damages the programs cause to their computer and you are not responsible for their choosing to download the Tibia Client.

Thanks for the read, and if you can think of any other possible legalities, please post them and I'll see what I can do to handle them.

Good luck and have fun,
~MZ990

Cool :O

Nice disclaimer tutorial Colandus, go ahead and thank MZ990 from us here at otland. :)

N
o
t
h
i
n
g

t
o

w
r
i
t
e

t
o

f
a
s
t
e
r

c
h
a
n
g
e

s
i
t
e

Here dear wikipedia will tell you what PMS is.

Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) (historically called PMT or Premenstrual Tension) is a collection of physical, psychological, and emotional symptoms related to a woman's menstrual cycle. While most women of child-bearing age (about 80 percent) have some premenstrual symptoms,[1] women with PMS have symptoms of "sufficient severity to interfere with some aspects of life".[2] Further, such symptoms are usually predictable and occur regularly during the two weeks prior to menses. The symptoms may vanish after the menstrual flow starts, but may continue even after the flow has begun. About 14 percent of women between the ages of 20 to 35 become so affected that they stay home from school or work.[3]

For some women with PMS, the symptoms are so severe that they are considered disabling. This form of PMS has its own psychiatric designation: premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).

Culturally, the abbreviation PMS is widely understood in the United States to refer to difficulties associated with menses, and the abbreviation is used frequently even in casual and colloquial settings, without regard to medical rigor. In these contexts, the syndrome is rarely referred to without abbreviation, and the connotations of the reference are frequently more broad than the clinical definition.

Symptoms

PMS is a collection of symptoms. More than 200 different symptoms have been identified, but the three most prominent symptoms are irritability, tension, and dysphoria (unhappiness).[2] The exact symptoms and their intensity vary from woman to woman. Most women with premenstrual syndrome experience only a few of the problems. Other common symptoms are: [4] [5] [6] [7]

* Abdominal bloating
* Constipation and possible hemorrhoids due to water retention
* Abdominal cramps
* Breast tenderness or swelling
* Itching of the breasts
* Stress or anxiety
* Aggression
* Depression
* Appetite changes and food cravings
* High sexual arousal or desire[citation needed]
* Trouble falling asleep (insomnia)
* Joint or muscle pain
* Headache
* Fatigue
* Acne
* Trouble concentrating
* Body temperature increase
* Worsening of existing skin disorders, and respiratory (eg, allergies, infection) or eye (eg, visual disturbances, conjunctivitis) problems

When discussing PMS, the negative symptoms are often the only ones highlighted. There have been reports of positive aspects of this time in the menstrual cycle.

Risk Factors

* High caffeine intake[7]
* Stress may precipitate condition.
* Increasing age
* History of depression
* Tobacco use
* Family history
* Dietary Factors[8] (Low levels of certain vitamins and minerals, particularly magnesium, manganese, and vitamin E)

Family history is often a good predictor of the probability of premenstrual syndrome; studies have found that the occurrence of PMS is twice as high among identical twins compared with fraternal twins.[2] Although the presence of premenstrual syndrome is high among women with affective disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder,[citation needed] a causal relationship has not been established.

Diagnosis

There is no laboratory test or unique physical findings to verify the diagnosis of PMS. To establish a pattern, a woman's physician may ask her to keep a prospective record of her symptoms on a calendar for at least two menstrual cycles.[4] This will help to establish if the symptoms are, indeed, premenstrual and predictably recurring. A number of standardized instruments have been developed to describe PMS, including the Calendar of Premenstrual syndrome Experiences (COPE), the Prospective Record of the Impact and Severity of Menstruation (PRISM), and the Visual Analogue Scales (VAS).[2]

In addition, other conditions that may explain symptoms better must be excluded.[2] A number of medical conditions are subject to exacerbation at menstruation, a process called menstrual magnification. These conditions may lead the patient to believe that she may have PMS, when the underlying disorder may be some other problem. A key feature is that these conditions may also be present outside of the luteal phase. Conditions that can be magnified perimenstrually include depression, migraine, seizure disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, asthma, and allergies.[2]

Although there is no universal agreement about what qualifies as PMS, two definitions are commonly used in research programs:

* The National Institute of Mental Health research compares the intensity of symptoms from cycle days 5 to 10 to the six-day interval before the onset of menses.[2] To qualify as PMS, symptom intensity must increase at least 30% in the six days before menstruation. Additionally, this pattern must be documented for at least two consecutive cycles.

* The definition formulated at the University of California at San Diego requires both affective (emotional) and somatic (physical) symptoms during the five days before menses in each of three consecutive cycles, and must not be present during the pre-ovulatory part of the cycle (days 4 through 13).[2] For this definition, affective symptoms include symptoms like depression, angry outbursts, irritability, anxiety, confusion, and social withdrawal. Somatic symptoms include symptoms like breast tenderness, abdominal bloating, headache, and swelling of hands and feet.

Etiology

The exact causes of PMS are not fully understood. While PMS is linked to the luteal phase, measurements of sex hormone levels are within normal levels. PMS tends to be more common among twins suggesting the possibility of some genetic component.[2] Current thinking suspects that central-nervous-system neurotransmitter interactions with sex hormones are affected.[2] It is thought to be linked to activity of serotonin (a neurotransmitter) in the brain.[9] [6][10]

Genetic factors also seem to play a role, as the concordance rate is two times higher in monozygotic twins than in dizygotic twins.

Treatment

Many treatments have been suggested for PMS, including diet or lifestyle changes, and other supportive means. Medical interventions are primarily concerned with hormonal intervention and use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).

* Supportive therapy includes evaluation, reassurance, and informational counseling, and is an important part of therapy in an attempt to help the patient regain control over her life. In addition, aerobic exercise has been found in some studies to be helpful.[2] Some PMS symptoms may be relieved by leading a healthy lifestyle: Reduction of caffeine, sugar, and sodium intake and increase of fiber, and adequate rest and sleep.[12]

* Dietary intervention studies indicate that calcium supplementation (1200 mg/d) may be useful. Also vitamin E (400 IU/d) has shown some effectiveness.[2] A number of other treatments have been suggested, although research on these treatments is inconclusive so far: Vitamin B6, magnesium, manganese and tryptophan.[12]
* SSRIs have become the "initial drug of choice for severe PMS"[2] The drug most widely studied is fluoxetine at doses of 20-60 mg/d. Other drugs include sertraline, paroxetine, clomipramine, fluvoxamine, and nefadozone.[13] These drugs can also be given intermittently, that is when symptoms reappear.
* Hormonal intervention may take many forms:
o Hormonal contraception is commonly used; common forms include the combined oral contraceptive pill and the contraceptive patch.
o Progesterone support has been used for many years but evidence of its efficacy is inadequate.
o Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists can be useful in severe forms of PMS but have their own set of significant potential side effects.
* Diuretics have been used to handle water retention. Spironolactone has been shown in some studies to be useful.[2]
* Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs; eg ibuprofen) have been used.
* Evening Primrose Oil, which contains gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA), has been advocated but lacks scientific support.

Prognosis

PMS is generally a stable diagnosis, with susceptible women experiencing the same symptoms at the same intensity near the end of each cycle for years.[14]

Treatment for specific symptoms is usually effective at controlling the symptoms. Even without treatment, symptoms tend to decrease in perimenopausal women, and disappear at menopause.[15]

Women who have PMS have an increased risk for clinical depression.

Epidemiology

The number of women who experience PMS depends entirely on the stringency of the definition of PMS.[16] While 80% of menstruating women have experienced at least one symptom that could be attributed to PMS, estimates of prevalence range from as low as 3%[17] to as high as 30%.[16]

Mood symptoms such as emotional lability are both more consistent and more disabling than somatic symptoms such as bloating.[18] A woman who experiences mood symptoms is likely to experience these symptoms consistently and predictably, whereas physical symptoms may come and go. Most women find that physical symptoms related to PMS are less disruptive than emotional symptoms.

History

PMS was originally seen as an imagined disease.[citation needed] When women first started reporting these symptoms, they were often told it was "all in their head". Interest in PMS began to increase after it was used as a criminal defense in Britain during the early 1980's.

The study of PMS was brought about by many characters in society. Physicians and researchers study and treat recognized medical conditions. In order to have an impact, the existence, and importance of a disease needs to be socially accepted. Women have contributed to the rise of interest in PMS and society's acceptance of it as an illness. It is argued that women are partially responsible for the medicalization of PMS.[19] By legitimizing this disorder, women have contributed to the social construction of PMS as an illness. It has also been suggested that the public debate over PMS and PMDD was impacted by organizations who had a stake in the outcome including feminists, the APA, physicians and scientists.[20]

The study of PMS symptoms is not a new development. Debates about the definition and validity of this syndrome have a long history. As stated above, growing public attention was given to PMS starting in the 1980’s. Up until this point, there was little research done surrounding PMS and it was not seen as a social problem. Through clinical trials and the work of feminists, viewing PMS in a social context had begun to take place.

Alternative views

Some medical professionals suggest that PMS might be a socially constructed disorder.[21]

Supporters of PMS' medical validity claim support from the non-disputed status of a more serious but similar problem, Premenstrual dysphoric disorder ("PMDD"). In women with PMDD, studies have shown a correlation between self-reported emotional distress and levels of a serotonin precursor as measured by Positron emission tomography (PET).[22] PMDD also has a consistent treatment record with SSRIs, when compared with placebos.[23]

However, most supporters of PMS as a social construct do not dispute PMDD's medical status. Rather, they believe PMDD and PMS to be unrelated issues: one a product of brain chemistry, the other a product of a hypochondriatic culture. There has not been enough debate between the two views to come to any sound conclusion.[citation needed] Part of the reason the validity of the emotional aspects of PMS is being doubted is the lack of scientifically-sound studies on the matter. Many Western studies on PMS (PMS is primarily seen in Western Europe and North America) rely solely on self-reporting, and since Western women are socially conditioned to expect PMS or to at least know of its purported existence, they report their symptoms accordingly.[24]

Another view holds that PMS is too frequently or wrongly diagnosed in many cases. A variety of problems, such as chronic depression, infections, and outbursts of frustration can be mis-diagnosed as PMS if they happen to coincide with the premenstrual period. Often, says this theory, PMS is used as an explanation for outbursts of rage or sadness, even when it is not the primary cause.

Controversies

Identifying natural female experiences as a disease in need of treatment is highly controversial especially because the implications for all women could be devastating.

Feminist scholars suggest that viewing PMS as a disease is born out of our patriarchal society. The symptoms that are associated with PMS are often in conflict with the way a woman "should" behave. Anger, irritability and increased sex drive are patterns of behavior that go against social norms for woman. Some people believe that PMS, along with other female-attributed disorders, are used to enforce gender stereotypes.[26]

It is notable that the emergence of PMS as a disorder was created during a time when women's roles in society were changing. Particularly, women were beginning to enter the work force at increasing numbers. This coincidence has not been ignored especially among those who believe that PMS is used as a method of social control.

Multiple SSRI's have been used to treat PMS which is not without controversy. The makers of Prozac began marketing the generic form, fluoxetine, under the name Sarafem to treat PMS. This coincided with their loss of patent on Prozac which has led to suggestions that their motivations are not completely benign.[27] Recently an oral contraceptive named Yaz has become the first and only birth control pill approved to treat PMDD. The marketing of Yaz centers on this aspect of the drug.

In some societies, this part of a women’s life is not seen in a negative way as is most often found in Western countries. The diagnosis and definition of PMS and PMDD are not universal across the world. The belief in PMS and its effects is mainly a Western creation. This is not to say that other places in the world deny the possibility that women are affected by their menstrual cycle but defining PMS in terms of a disease is specific to the West and the United States in particular. Official recognition of PMDD has only taken place in the U.S. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accepts PMDD as an illness but the World Health Organization (WHO) does not. In Europe, PMDD was forcibly taken off the list of indications for Prozac due to lack of supporting evidence for its effectiveness. Many of the symptoms of these two disorders are seen as negative in the U.S. and in need of treatment. This allows the medical system to become involved and regulate this part of women’s lives.

Now when you are well-educated about PMS, you know how to behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back