• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Level&vocation instead of serverName in (CharList)

5lave Ots

Solutions
Reaction score
i would like to view the level and vocation instead in the charlist for normal tibia 8.6
^ that was for 0.4 and it cant be merged on 1.3
thanks

These changes may do the work: de1958f. Personally, I don't like the solution I've come up with, but it works. Moreover, it is not possible to get rid of the world name at the right of the character name. The final result looks odd to me, lmao.

Last edited:
It is not possible to get rid of the world name with the new login protocol [1]. Therefore, the final result looks as follows:

Code:
Amatria [180 EK] (Forgotten)

I don't like it to be honest.

Regarding the programming solution, because it is impossible to substitute the world name for the vocation and level string, the character name is modified. In this sense, when logging in into the game world, it is necessary to undo the changes added to the character name so it doesn't conflict with the server database. (I don't know if I have made sense of myself. But yeah, if it is hard to explain a solution, probably it is no the right one.)

===
[1] Or, rather, I don't know how to get rid of it.

it's possible to show online/offline in char list instead of world name already, use the pieces of code from it as an example
won't look that bad if you display it as: Player Name (180 EK)

the client will send world id in login packet, but you can completely ignore it
the world name can also be created on the fly so just open protocolgame.cpp and search for ONLINE_OFFLINE_CHARLIST

Last edited:
it's possible to show online/offline in char list instead of world name already, use the pieces of code from it as an example

the client will send world id in login packet, but you can completely ignore it
the world name can also be created on the fly so just open protocolgame.cpp and search for ONLINE_OFFLINE_CHARLIST
the (online/offline) OR (world Name) are already exist and could be changed in config.lua
i need to use (Level & vocation) instead of both.. but i cant find a setting for 1.3

yeah dude i know it. but im newbie with c++ and dont need to miss it up.. that system was exist for 0.4 but i cant upgrade it to 1.3 because i still dont know the new syntax used in 1.3

Hey @5lave Ots.

So, I gave myself sometime to better understand the login protocol and I've managed to pull this out [1]. I like how this one turned out indeed. Moreover, the programming solution better matches my very own quality standards. The changes are available here: ceb0a56.

===
[1] See the attachment below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 12.50.34.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 12.50.34.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 31 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Yeah that's what I meant.. if you are sure 100% about that commit please make a new thread to let everyone use it... And thanks anyway I told you it is possible 🙂 😊

There is no use. Instead, mark my post as a "solution". Next time someone looks for this, the forum will prompt this thread and they will be able to read the proposed solution right away.

Hey @5lave Ots.

So, I gave myself sometime to better understand the login protocol and I've managed to pull this out [1]. I like how this one turned out indeed. Moreover, the programming solution better matches my very own quality standards. The changes are available here: ceb0a56.

===
[1] See the attachment below.
I really wanted to leave mine like this :( it gives an error when compiling in protocollogin.cpp can someone help me?

Last edited:
Back