• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux libmysqlclient-dev - debian stretch

binny

Reaction score
I need to install some libraries to compile a 0.4 server on my debian stretch...

But it missing some packages that i need to compile:

Code:
apt-get install autoconf build-essential pkg-config automake libboost-all-dev libgmp3-dev libxml2-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libmysqlclient-dev libssl-dev libsqlite3-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package libmysqlclient-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libmysqlclient-dev' has no installation candidate

What command should i do to install a mysql lib, i can not to compile without it...

Solution
I'm sorry to this long and thank you to still help us...
I tried what u said, change the makefiles and insert a make...
But show me a lot errors:
hastebin
i've done some google, apparently it's a bug of 1.49 boost, where boost overwrite TIME_UTC macro from glibc, if you delete this macro from /usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp might work, although i've asked a friend that has more experience with boost, he said that old boost libraries still compatible with c++03 programs, so my bad, you actually don't need to downgrade your boost, you can remove the oldoldstable repositories from your source list, and get current boost version, use aptitude again to fix dependencies.
# apt-get remove --purge libboost1.49-all-dev
# apt-get...
That's why I still love and use Arch's Pacman and Pacaur.

It wouldn't hurt to take a look at your old libs and purge them manually, though. But as Shyzoul said, if you're not exeperienced enough I hope aptitude will be able to do that for you :)

that's weird, looks like apt-get don't purged your old libs, usually it works, well, you might try is installing aptitude if don't have yet, it uses a different algorithm to resolve dependencies, so try doing this:
# apt-get install aptitude
# aptitude install libboost1.49-all-dev
hopefully aptitude will figure out better than apt-get, otherwise we will have a bad time dealing with dpkg

Should I press Y, i scare to do some shit

Code:
aptitude install libboost1.49-all-dev
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  gccxml{a} libboost-chrono1.49-dev{a} libboost-chrono1.49.0{a} libboost-date-time1.49-dev{a} libboost-date-time1.49.0{a} libboost-filesystem1.49-dev{a}
  libboost-filesystem1.49.0{a} libboost-graph-parallel1.49-dev{a} libboost-graph-parallel1.49.0{a} libboost-graph1.49-dev{a} libboost-graph1.49.0{a}
  libboost-iostreams1.49-dev{a} libboost-iostreams1.49.0{a} libboost-locale1.49-dev{a} libboost-locale1.49.0{a} libboost-math1.49-dev{a} libboost-math1.49.0{a}
  libboost-mpi-python1.49-dev{a} libboost-mpi-python1.49.0{a} libboost-mpi1.49-dev{a} libboost-mpi1.49.0{a} libboost-program-options1.49-dev{a}
  libboost-program-options1.49.0{a} libboost-python1.49-dev{a} libboost-python1.49.0{a} libboost-random1.49-dev{a} libboost-random1.49.0{a}
  libboost-regex1.49-dev{a} libboost-regex1.49.0{a} libboost-serialization1.49-dev{a} libboost-serialization1.49.0{a} libboost-signals1.49-dev{a}
  libboost-signals1.49.0{a} libboost-system1.49-dev{a} libboost-system1.49.0{a} libboost-test1.49-dev{a} libboost-test1.49.0{a} libboost-thread1.49-dev{a}
  libboost-thread1.49.0{a} libboost-timer1.49-dev{a} libboost-timer1.49.0{a} libboost-wave1.49-dev{a} libboost-wave1.49.0{a} libboost1.49-all-dev
  libboost1.49-dev{a} libicu48{a} libopenmpi1.3{a} libtorque2{a}
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libboost-atomic-dev{u} libboost-chrono-dev{u} libboost-context-dev{u} libboost-coroutine-dev{u} libboost-date-time-dev{u} libboost-dev{u}
  libboost-exception-dev{u} libboost-fiber-dev{u} libboost-filesystem-dev{u} libboost-graph-dev{u} libboost-graph-parallel-dev{u} libboost-iostreams-dev{u}
  libboost-locale-dev{u} libboost-log-dev{u} libboost-math-dev{u} libboost-mpi-dev{u} libboost-mpi-python-dev{u} libboost-program-options-dev{u}
  libboost-python-dev{u} libboost-random-dev{u} libboost-regex-dev{u} libboost-serialization-dev{u} libboost-signals-dev{u} libboost-test-dev{u}
  libboost-timer-dev{u} libboost-tools-dev{u} libboost-type-erasure-dev{u} libboost-wave-dev{u}
0 packages upgraded, 48 newly installed, 28 to remove and 9 not upgraded.
Need to get 31.1 MB of archives. After unpacking 184 MB will be used.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libboost-program-options1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-program-options1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-python1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-python1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-test1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-test1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-thread1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-thread1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-graph-parallel1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-graph-parallel1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-timer1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-timer1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-wave1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-wave1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-locale1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-locale1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-date-time1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-date-time1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-regex1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-regex1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-mpi-python1.62.0 : Conflicts: libboost-mpi-python1.49.0 but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-serialization1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-serialization1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-filesystem1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-filesystem1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-iostreams1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-iostreams1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost1.62-tools-dev : Conflicts: libboost1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-graph1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-graph1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-math1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-math1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-mpi-python1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-mpi-python1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-signals1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-signals1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-mpi1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-mpi1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-system1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-system1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-random1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-random1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
 libboost-chrono1.62-dev : Conflicts: libboost-chrono1.49-dev but 1.49.0-3.2 is to be installed
The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Remove the following packages:                                 
1)      libboost-atomic1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
2)      libboost-chrono1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
3)      libboost-context1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]       
4)      libboost-coroutine1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]     
5)      libboost-date-time1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]     
6)      libboost-exception1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]     
7)      libboost-fiber1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
8)      libboost-filesystem1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]     
9)      libboost-graph-parallel1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]
10)     libboost-graph1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
11)     libboost-iostreams1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]     
12)     libboost-locale1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
13)     libboost-log1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]           
14)     libboost-math1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]           
15)     libboost-mpi-python1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]     
16)     libboost-mpi-python1.62.0 [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]       
17)     libboost-mpi1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]           
18)     libboost-program-options1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]
19)     libboost-python1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
20)     libboost-random1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
21)     libboost-regex1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
22)     libboost-serialization1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]  
23)     libboost-signals1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]       
24)     libboost-system-dev [1.62.0.1 (now, stable)]                 
25)     libboost-system1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
26)     libboost-test1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]           
27)     libboost-thread-dev [1.62.0.1 (now, stable)]                 
28)     libboost-thread1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
29)     libboost-timer1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         
30)     libboost-type-erasure1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]   
31)     libboost-wave1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]           
32)     libboost1.62-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]               
33)     libboost1.62-tools-dev [1.62.0+dfsg-4 (now, stable)]         

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

It wouldn't hurt to take a look at your old libs and purge them manually, though. But as Shyzoul said, if you're not exeperienced enough I hope aptitude will be able to do that for you :)

I did never used Arch Linux, i loving Debian, its just being hard to use Otclient and 0.4 server

Should I press Y, i scare to do some shit
there is only boost things being removed, so it's fine
i think the security that debian repositories brings with, pays it off, pacman usually break things with new versions, and aur for me won't workout (same as ubuntu with ppas), it's a community driven repository, meaning anyone can do pkgbuilds and throw there, or even trusted maintainers can have their accounts robbed and someone use their account to upload malicious patches, who knows, debian releasing process have code audition, and enormous testing, so i'd say i love to type apt-get and im sure that ill be running secure and stable software.

there is only boost things being removed, so it's fine

i think the security that debian repositories brings with, pays it off, pacman usually break things with new versions, and aur for me won't workout (same as ubuntu with ppas), it's a community driven repository, meaning anyone can do pkgbuilds and throw there, or even trusted maintainers can have their accounts robbed and someone use their account to upload malicious patches, who knows, debian releasing process have code audition, and enormous testing, so i'd say i love to type apt-get and im sure that ill be running secure and stable software.

Looks like libboost 1.49 have installed:
hastebin

But when i try to compile, not work :(
hastebin

when your script call g++ it's not including -std=c++03

I can add manually CXXFLAGS = -pipe -std=c++03 on line 272 on makefiles, but after i did the 3 commands
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-mysql --enable-root-permission --enable-server-diag
./build.sh

I got errors, and when i check on makefiles line 272 it is:
CXXFLAGS = -pipe

I can add manually CXXFLAGS = -pipe -std=c++03 on line 272 on makefiles, but after i did the 3 commands
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-mysql --enable-root-permission --enable-server-diag
./build.sh

I got errors, and when i check on makefiles line 272 it is:
CXXFLAGS = -pipe
share your autogen and configure file

@binny before i do anything further, can you make sure this is compiling?
create a empty file called "Makefile" in your ./src directory, paste this hastebin inside, navigate with "cd" inside your src directory and type "make",
then the compilation should start, it may take up to 5min, so wait, even if it's not printing anything for now, just let it do its job, please let us know if it's compiling or not :)

@binny before i do anything further, can you make sure this is compiling?
create a empty file called "Makefile" in your ./src directory, paste this hastebin inside, navigate with "cd" inside your src directory and type "make",
then the compilation should start, it may take up to 5min, so wait, even if it's not printing anything for now, just let it do its job, please let us know if it's compiling or not :)

hastebin

hastebin
i've done some google, apparently it's a bug of 1.49 boost, where boost overwrite TIME_UTC macro from glibc, if you delete this macro from /usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp might work, although i've asked a friend that has more experience with boost, he said that old boost libraries still compatible with c++03 programs, so my bad, you actually don't need to downgrade your boost, you can remove the oldoldstable repositories from your source list, and get current boost version, use aptitude again to fix dependencies.
# apt-get autoremove
# aptitude install libboost-all-dev
then navigate to your ./src directory, make again with same makefile i've sent you before, and see what you get

Solution
# apt-get autoremove
# aptitude install libboost-all-dev
then navigate to your ./src directory, make again with same makefile i've sent you before, and see what you get

Thank you so much, so the 0.4 was compiled on Debian Stretch thanks to @Shyzoul
If anybody else got this problem o followed this way:
apt-get install autoconf build-essential pkg-config automake libboost-all-dev libgmp3-dev libxml2-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libssl-dev libsqlite3-dev
apt-get install default-libmysqlclient-dev

Use this makefile: hastebin

make