• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

LibreTibia

fervi

Reaction score
Hello, I will describe a project I am working on. It would be nice if there are people willing to help. If it works out, maybe there will be some funding :)

The project I am working on is tentatively called LibreTibia. The assumption is that we are doing a project eventually that is fully independent of Cipsoft. What does that mean?
1) We are using alternative graphics (OpenTibia Sprite Pack, we will develop)
2) We use a TFS-fork / OpenCoreMMO server, and not from leaks :p
3) We use OTClient
(and so on and so forth).

Eventually, no part of LibreTibia will be owned by Cipsoft, so it will be perfectly legal to develop the project / distribute etc. without worry.

Currently the project is based on Tibia 8.6. This is because there are (I think) no Tibia engines other than 8.6 being developed that all tools will be compatible with. OpenCoreMMO interests me a lot, TFS downgrade as a form of compatibility.

The project itself (as intended) is supposed to be quite small. We're not competing with Cipsoft, because we'll probably lose :p But we want to make a fairly good but small world.

The current state is that there is practically nothing. We've managed to put fairly different parts together and it "works". Unfortunately with various minor bugs.

On the other hand, if you want to help, write on the DM. Remember - it's concept. We are still early stage!
shot-2023-04-02_20-10-04.jpg
shot-2023-04-02_20-10-18.jpgGithub repo: GitHub - IntinteDAO/LibreTibia (https://github.com/IntinteDAO/LibreTibia)
ACCMaker: https://libretibia.intinte.org/
LibreTibia data (OTSP): 192.109.244.21/libretibia.tar.gz
Protocol: 8.6 (you can use otclient / otclientv8)
Demo Server (TFS): 192.109.244.21:7171

Very interesting.
I suggest you to come up with detailed contribution guidelines instead of asking for people to get in touch with you.
As well as a detailed list of features the project needs (e.g. lacking spells icon or fire/ice sprites, need OTC shops, creation of spells or monsters).

Thank you for the tip.

We are currently trying to estimate some basis of what we have. We could definitely want mappers and LUA programmers to write scripts and improve existing ones.

It would certainly be nice if they would find their way around the regular Tibia server scripts and adapt them to OTSP, although most likely it would just be a search for an object ID and swap :p.

Cool if there are also testers to test what works and what doesn't.

In general we are not going to give up any help. This is my next open source project and the more help the better.

Eventually, no part of LibreTibia will be owned by Cipsoft
Except you have "Tibia" in the name, which does relate to CipSoft.
I'd suggest, if you're looking to disconnect from CipSoft, renaming your idea.

Except you have "Tibia" in the name, which does relate to CipSoft.
I'd suggest, if you're looking to disconnect from CipSoft, renaming your idea.
Whilst that is true, tibia is also a bone in your leg so he could argue it means free leg ;)

Back