• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Libyan Revolution...Who will win?

Who will win the Libyan Revolution?

• Total voters

Dixter

Amateur Web Developer
Reaction score
Who do you think will win? The anti-government or pro-government forces? Keep in mind this is the first time hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people are experiencing freedom in over 40 years, I do not think they will give it up so easily...especially since they will all be slaughtered if Gadhafi wins, I think they will fight to the last man. Let's just hope the UN imposes a no-fly zone.

UPDATE: UN approves no-fly zone over Libya!

What will happen now? Western aircraft will also perform air strikes on Gadhafi's forces. Do you think the the no-fly zone has come in time?
Do you think the Revolutionaries can hold on for a few more days until Western armed forces are mobilized? What kind of an impact do you think this will have? I think this is just what the Revolutionaries need! Go Libya! They've held on tenaciously this far, I know they can do it.

Last edited:
As sad as it is, I don't even know what the hell is going on.
In our country, everything is about the Japanese earthquake and the March Madness.

Michigan is gonna win it all!
GO BLUE!

As sad as it is, I don't even know what the hell is going on.
In our country, everything is about the Japanese earthquake and the March Madness.

Michigan is gonna win it all!
GO BLUE!

Yes I live in the USA too and it's sad what's going on. As soon as there is new news they simply forget about the thousands of people dying for their freedom, the freedom with which we grew up with. The government(of the US) is corrupt(not just in the US but many Western Countries such as France, Great Britain, etc..). In my opinion the United Nations is a bunch of bumbling morons. The UN is discussing "the possibility of violation of human rights and genocide in Libya", I think we have more than enough evidence and eye witness reports(many by journalists and reporters) that confirm that Gadhafi's forces are violating human rights and performing genocide. This is why I was against Obama. As soon as there is a crisis in which they are HELPING the news is all over it, but when the world is a bunch of cowards you hear little of it on the news. It's as if the leaders of these great powers are like little children, when they something good they want the whole world to know, when they do something bad they want everyone to forget.

Havent you guys in the US seen the footage from the bombers that throw bombs onto innocent civilists in the news?
Hes killing his own people with his megalomaniac behavior, as he stated *My people will die for me without hesitating* and *I wont give my power away, you have to kill me in order to take my power*.
But sadly its looking atm like hes gonna crush the anti-goverment forces.

And you cant say *Who will win, pro or anti goverment forces* cause in both scenarios they simply loose, if gaddafi stays on top will many people have died for nothing and his raign of terror keeps going but if the anti goverment forces win will there still be the thousands of people that died + the land will be split.

Khadaffi, sadly, will stop the revolution in Libya cause the US are too afraid to help the rebels out. Weak US, WEAK!

Khadaffi, sadly, will stop the revolution in Libya cause the US are too afraid to help the rebels out. Weak US, WEAK!

Too afraid? VERY wrong choice of words.
Instead of everything having to be about the United States, how about the country of yours? Why aren't they doin' anything? Pansy.

Too afraid? VERY wrong choice of words.
Instead of everything having to be about the United States, how about the country of yours? Why aren't they doin' anything? Pansy.

Sweden? I doubt we got the military resources that are required to help anyone, even ourselves. The US on the other hand got plenty and still won't help. It's just sad that the worlds leading countries all still closing their eyes for this kind of things.

Why does everything have to be about the U.S.? Are we the most popular country or what? Our society has been destroyed by the media here, I know that.
I'm sure Great Britain, France, Germany, they have plenty of military power to bring down a puny little weak army in Libya.
If Sweden can't, then you should be ashamed of your country, if another World War breaks out, I wouldn't be surprised if Sweden is the first to be wiped off the map.
That's what you're making Sweden sound like. Do you even know how much power Gadhaffi has? Very minimal compared to the world, but strong against the revolution.
So, I'm pretty sure Sweden can take them down all by themselves.

Why does everything have to be about the U.S.? Are we the most popular country or what? Our society has been destroyed by the media here, I know that.
I'm sure Great Britain, France, Germany, they have plenty of military power to bring down a puny little weak army in Libya.
If Sweden can't, then you should be ashamed of your country, if another World War breaks out, I wouldn't be surprised if Sweden is the first to be wiped off the map.
That's what you're making Sweden sound like. Do you even know how much power Gadhaffi has? Very minimal compared to the world, but strong against the revolution.
So, I'm pretty sure Sweden can take them down all by themselves.

"Punky Little Weak Army", the West is not supposed to intervene on land. The US is a part of the UNITED NATIONS, who's goal is to protect human rights, which are being violated in Libya. The best action would be a no-fly zone, and the US should be the leader of such a no-fly zone since it is the only one with enough air power to actually impose such a no-fly zone so that no aircraft can fly ove rLibya, and without taking any losses. Are you foolish? How is Sweden supposed to attack Libya? The amount of active personnel in the Swedish ARMED FORCES, is about 10,000. How would they invade Libya? Remember if they are attacking by sea then THEY have the disadvantage, and Gadhafi has the advantage. You have to transport, protect, and continously supply(and protect those supply lines) during such an invasion. Sweden does not have enough miltary resources to pull it off lol. Again, the US spends more than 10 times the amout of money on their armed forces than the United Kingdom. The US is always attacking country's, and using "freedom" as a pretext. But when their help is ACTUALLY NEEDED for freedom, they refuse.

Well, the way we're being told is completely different then.
The way how I think of the Libya situation is Gadhafi and a small group of armed force is stuck in Libya surrounded by protesters. Considering small forces, I can see it being possible for Sweden to take them out alone. I haven't heard of any big Libyan army.

Also, according to the Obama Administration, they want to authorize military efforts to halt Gadhaffi, but awaits on U.N. approval. China, Russia and a few other countries, especially in the Arab world all resist in imposing a no-fly zone. This is why nothing is being done, just simply because we can't, not just because we are weak and bad people. Blame the U.N. if anything, not the U.S.

YES!!!!!! I just got home.....best news I've heard all day. Freedom is for EVERYONE. FREEDOM FOR ALL.

@GLDnbr Compared to major countries, Gadhafi's army is weak. However it is rather strong, remember Libya is a police state. Gadhafi has dozens of jets, bombers, over a hundred attack helicopters, while the rebels have very little. In an open field, or on an equal battlefield, yes the Swedish army would probably beat the Libyan army. But remember, INVADING another country is a whole different concept. Sweden's army exists to defend the Swedish homeland, and it would do a good job of that, however it does not have the resources or equipment or manpower to launch an invasion, especially a naval one. It is much different to defend your homeland, than to attack another.

Well, the way we're being told is completely different then.
The way how I think of the Libya situation is Gadhafi and a small group of armed force is stuck in Libya surrounded by protesters. Considering small forces, I can see it being possible for Sweden to take them out alone. I haven't heard of any big Libyan army.

Also, according to the Obama Administration, they want to authorize military efforts to halt Gadhaffi, but awaits on U.N. approval. China, Russia and a few other countries, especially in the Arab world all resist in imposing a no-fly zone. This is why nothing is being done, just simply because we can't, not just because we are weak and bad people. Blame the U.N. if anything, not the U.S.

The Arab League pushed for a no-fly zone. I don't blame the US, I do blame the UN. In my opinion it's too much "legal issues", it takes too long to get something done. Just look at Rwanda, it took 3 months for anything to be done, by that time the genocide was over and almost 1 million people were slaughtered. When the US aided Bosnia, it was a quick decision, it did not mess around with all of this legal mumbo jumbo. Because what are other country's going to do to the US? Go to war with it for defending other humans? Not trade with the US, even though many nations depend a lot on trade with the US? I'm just saying that the United States has the capability to do much more, and do want it wants, but it is the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION that is holing it back. All other countries could do is protest, and I doubt they would do that as the US wouldn't aid the rebels for personal gain. Look at world war 2...all of Europe protested Hitler's actions...and it took him actually starting a major war to get the Allies to declare war....and even then they sent no help to Poland. There needs to be more ACTION.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweden's army exists to defend the Swedish homeland, and it would do a good job of that, however it does not have the resources or equipment or manpower to launch an invasion, especially a naval one. It is much different to defend your homeland, than to attack another.

No, it wouldn't. The swedish army is worthless and if, for an example, Russia would like to have Sweden, they would take it in less than 24 hours.

No, it wouldn't. The swedish army is worthless and if, for an example, Russia would like to have Sweden, they would take it in less than 24 hours.

Sweden's army exists to defend the Swedish homeland, and it would do a good job of that, however it does not have the resources or equipment or manpower to launch an invasion, especially a naval one. It is much different to defend your homeland, than to attack another.

Both of you are morons, Macgregor a bit more of one.
Sweden is one of the most powerfull countries in the world. Nowadays, it is not all about the military power the country has but the economical influence.

Sweden stand for peace and breaking that peace by entering someone elses country is against their moral code. Though, they do support FN´s voting result of entering Libya but they will only support with withholding peace after the attacks and building up the country again as a democratic country.

Once again, Sweden do have the resources to launch an attack on Libya but they choose not too.

Last edited:
Wheres comes that second quote from, i never said that lmao

Back