• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Limitation of exp/training/rune making time

miszek

Reaction score
What do you think about the concept of creating a server in which the stamina is only 2-3h? After this time, you will not be able to exp, train and make runes for the next 21h. This will eliminate people sharing an account and equalize the playing field for people who don't have more than 3h of game time every day.

What do you think about the concept of creating a server in which the stamina is only 2-3h? After this time, you will not be able to exp, train and make runes for the next 21h. This will eliminate people sharing an account and equalize the playing field for people who don't have more than 3h of game time every day.

Sounds really boring

Why is it a problem that people share accounts or spend 24 hours in the game in the first place?

Taking away people's EXP gain is a huge no-no for many people, same regarding for skills but perhaps less so, players are already limited in their playtime, but having the game limit your progressions is very demotivating, you must also think of when a player dies, he will not get his experience and skills back within three hours unless putting in more effort on the player's behalf and also the loss in resources.. Who will play I reckon..

I can tell you that players won't play longer than a week on such a server since it doesn't respect their time in the long run.
Equalizing the playfield regarding time invested also really isn't the devs problem to deal with, but the players, you cannot ever please all the 16 years old that go to school, together with the 30 year old people with families, impossible to create a MMORPG with that mindset, better to create a linear story-based server for if you want everyone to progress at the same speed.

Something i never see in OT is that even though there is offline training and online training, the potential of idle mechanics from incremental games.

The player can train and XP as usual, otherwise, delete the game. No point playing. But also put in NPCs with one field of expertise, that he would train for you. All xp/s he collects will be give to the player when he talks to him next time.

The player could also spend his gold on the npcs to increase their effectiveness. Going from 3.6k xp/h (1/s) to 4k xp an hour could cost 1000 gold coins. Thengoing from 4 to 5 would cost more. Same goes with all other skills like magic, sword/axe... fighting. The game would be more like "Where do i spend my gold to progress my character? Do i upgrade my NPCs or do i save up money for better items?" blablabla

Last edited:
Back