• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling {Linux} Compiling Otxserver 9.83 ERROR - HELP PlEASE

Sirion_Mido

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello otland's members, greating.

-Some informations:
*Using Linux Debian 6
*Compiling Otxserver 9.83

During i compiling that source i did all compile step and last thing command: " make all "

it loaded everything CXX files and on last said: CXXLD then followed it these errors:

Code:
actions.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:205: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
/usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:209: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
allocator.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:205: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
/usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:209: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
baseevents.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
baseevents.o:/usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:209: more undefined references to `boost::system::get_posix_category()' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [theotxserver] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Swevlera/sources'
make: *** [all] Error 2

i hope you help me as fast as possible :)

Rep++
good bye

Last edited:
WaZzaaaAAaa, you need
1. Look what libboost version you have: apt-cache search libboost
2. If you see any libboost package lower than 1.42, you need to

3. Install new libboost (1.42 or higher), with command
4. apt-get install libboost1.42-all-dev, or alternatively (if package not found):
5. Download and unzip latest libboost (www.boost.org) and
6. cd to directory, and sudo ./bootstrap.sh then sudo ./b2 install

Good luck:(

Back