• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux debian 7.6 Help

Joriku

Working in the mines, need something?
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
Joriku
So, i bought the host with Linux debian 7.6 and i don't understand anything, how do i get this desctop they got on youtube? :D

You can't get that AFAIK with the server versions, unless you are running it on your own computer you have to use Putty and FileZilla or something like that.
If it's your own computer download the correct OS.

Not sure about Debian, but on the Ubuntu website you can download both.

Installing a desktop environment for linux is pointless because you will end up doing everything in the console anything. Yes its prettier, but pointless.

Follow the tutorial in my signature to get an idea on how things work. If its not for you you can always use windows but it will cost more.

If you still insist on using a desktop environment its possible. First install the one you want(Debian default is GNOME) and then set up VNC. Then simply connect to your remote server with VNC.

You mention client 7.6 in the title, but which OT server do you use?

Last edited:
Back