• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Linux] GUI Server Application

Aelu

root@Aelu:~#
Solutions
Reaction score
I am in the process of creating a GUI Server Application that's based off of TFS 1.3 with some minor changes and tweaks. It will give you the option to start, stop, and restart all services that go along with your OT as well as your OT Server.

The application will be Open Source, and anyone can edit the program however they desire.

My goal is to make running an OT Server on Linux distros to be far more user friendly, and easier to setup. The application's main goal is simplicity, and I will be attempting to evolve nearly every file that current OTs use in order for that to be achieved.

I will keep OTLand updated on my progress.

GUI Server Application that's based off of TFS 1.3 with some minor changes and tweaks.
what you mean based off tfs 1.3? you don't need make any change in server source code for creating such application.
It will give you the option to start, stop, and restart all services that go along with your OT as well as your OT Server.
tfs atm has support for some posix signals, which includes reloading events, you can implement it either, see signals.cpp

No need gui for linux ssh/putty + filezilla is all anyone needs, besides a gui would eat up memory and affect system performance.

what you mean based off tfs 1.3? you don't need make any change in server source code for creating such application.
It's not just a GUI application, it's TFS made simple. I'm attempting to remake the entire code, making it simple for anyone to use/edit. :)

Wow, thats a kinda nice idea, let me know when its done! I will for sure use it.

It's not just a GUI application, it's TFS made simple. I'm attempting to remake the entire code, making it simple for anyone to use/edit. :)
Its pretty simple now for someone to use or edit even with limited C++/lua/sql knowledge. The problem is not with the code the problem is with the person who is developing the server. The majority of people having problems with scripts or source edits don't know how to use the search on this forum or search in a search engine nor do they have the patience to learn the supporting languages.

Even if you build a modular node based interface, something that you would normally see in a commercial 3d editor people are still going to have issues with development.

Back