• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Linux Help

SnowFox

Reaction score
Hello OTLand,

I just brought a dedi in Linux but i have to wait 10-20 days before i get it. Now i would like to ask afew questions so i know how to work it.

1. Does it run EXE files so i can just run the Server since its EXE, or do i need to do something to it / if so how?

2. Do i just download Apache(XAMMP) on linux and set it up like you do on Windows.

Thats all for now thanks.

Hello OTLand,

I just brought a dedi in Linux but i have to wait 10-20 days before i get it. Now i would like to ask afew questions so i know how to work it.

1. Does it run EXE files so i can just run the Server since its EXE, or do i need to do something to it / if so how?

2. Do i just download Apache(XAMMP) on linux and set it up like you do on Windows.

Thats all for now thanks.

1. If it's linux you will have to recompile the server :p tutorial for that can be found in the tutorial section, or you can ask someone to do it for you for a small fee :p

2. Xampp on linux is called Lampp but i would recomend to install MYSQL and Apache seperatly :p
If you still want phpmyadmin just install it with apt-get or yum (depending on what linux OS you run)

Wich distro did you get with the Dedi?

Ubuntu? Debian?

Use Ubuntu. I even posted how to install the servers by just copy pasting 5-6 lines. And some place I also posted copy paste commands to get web up and running.

1. If it's linux you will have to recompile the server :p tutorial for that can be found in the tutorial section, or you can ask someone to do it for you for a small fee :p

2. Xampp on linux is called Lampp but i would recomend to install MYSQL and Apache seperatly :p
If you still want phpmyadmin just install it with apt-get or yum (depending on what linux OS you run)

1. It's more or less universal. ./autogen.sh && ./configure --enable-mysql && ./build.sh for 0.4 etc. Just need to install the depencies.

2. I recommend installing lighttpd or nginx instead of Apache. Also you got yast,emerge,pacman,yaourt,slapt-get etc etc. Package system is very distro depending.

Yes,

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
Open /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and edit Prompt=lts to Prompt=normal
sudo do-release-upgrade
sudo reboot
Now you got 9.04

Back