• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Linux Mint 18.1] CS:GO BlackBar Resolution

Aelu

root@Aelu:~#
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey OTLand. So, I'm trying out Linux Mint for the first time after using Debian/Fedora for a long time.

I installed Linux Mint 18.1 and Steam/Counter Strike: Global Offensive because fuck it, why not? It runs a lot smoother on Mint than it did on Windows or Debian, and I was very happy. However, I'm having trouble setting the black bar resolution while in-game, and it just constantly stretches no matter what aspect ratio or resolution I'm using..

Visual:
maxresdefault.jpg

My "inxi -G" output:
Code:
Graphics:  Card-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Carrizo
           Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Bonaire XT [Radeon R9 M280X]
           Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: ati,radeon,amdgpu (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: [email protected]
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CARRIZO (DRM 3.1.0 / 4.4.0-53-generic, LLVM 3.8.0)
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 12.0.6

Am I just not using the right drivers or something? I can't even find AMD Catalyst, even though I've installed the latest Radeon drivers for Linux..
I'd appreciate your help in any way you can.

Nevermind guys, I ended up getting it to work.

I edited the csgo.sh lines from:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# figure out the absolute path to the script being run a bit
# non-obvious, the ${0%/*} pulls the path out of $0, cd's into the
# specified directory, then uses $PWD to figure out where that
# directory lives - and all this in a subshell, so we don't affect
# $PWD

GAMEROOT=$(cd "${0%/*}" && echo $PWD)
Code:
        ${DEBUGGER} "${GAMEROOT}"/${GAMEEXE} "$@"
    fi
    STATUS=$?
done
exit $STATUS
To:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
xrandr --output eDP --mode 1400x1050
xrandr --output eDP --set "scaling mode" "Center"
# figure out the absolute path to the script being run a bit
# non-obvious, the ${0%/*} pulls the path out of $0, cd's into the
# specified directory, then uses $PWD to figure out where that
# directory lives - and all this in a subshell, so we don't affect
# $PWD
Code:
        ${DEBUGGER} "${GAMEROOT}"/${GAMEEXE} "$@"
    fi
    STATUS=$?
done
xrandr --output eDP --mode 1920x1080
xrandr --ouput eDP --set "scaling mode" "Full"
exit $STATUS
Making it where the csgo shell startup commands tell xorg to change the resolution to 1400x1050 (4:3 AR) as well as the scaling mode to "Center" which gives me black bars in 4:3 resolution. Then when exiting the game, changes the xorg settings back to 1920x1080 resolution and scaling mode "Full" which maintains the AR of my monitor. :)

Back