• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Linux OT Hosting problem

danne3132

Reaction score
Hello guys, 5 years ago i hosted OTS in windows and were pretty experienced. Now i came back and i decided to make an ot. Ive heard that its much more stable in Linux. And im a doer, means i try things out if they work or not we will see. So just to know! Ive allready installed Debian 6 like in the "COMPLETE LINUX GUIDE"
When i start up my computer it says that i need like a user name and a password, I dont know what these are, i havent set up any either..

Because im really new to this it would be really nice if some experienced dude showed up here and took some time for me..

kind regards

to get the most out of linux while testing at home (if you have at least 2 computers), you should install a server edition (that means no GUI, desktop) of a linux distro

assuming they're both linked to a router, you'll be able to SSH and SFTP into the server through LAN.
SFTP clients make a lot of things easier, especially if you're used to working in a familiar (windows-like) environment

Back