• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux vs Windows.

morderczy war

Reaction score
As title says im currently user of Windows 10 home (x64). In the past i used windows 95/98/xp/vista/7 and right now im not sure if this OS gives me best performance.

I use kinda old laptop from (2008) with 2.2 ghz intel core duo and 4gb ram with ati mobility radeon 4500 series and my question is which OS will boost my pc performance more ?

For example when i play tibia i care about fps with all boosting programs i can get like 150-200 and if i change Os can i get higher score ?

People are hyping up Linux 17.2 mint and im really confused right now :D.

Cheers !

Linux uses less ram and is mich faster. Tested on both a new pc and a old one.

Problem with linux is you cant play shit... Everything is made for windows. Example you cant play league of legends on a linux unless you use a emulator program. If you only use a pc for tibia and scripting on a otserver etc. Go with linux. Otherwise keep windows. Or you can just run both of the OS on the same pc and choose which one you want to boot up when you turn on your pc. Personally I recommend keeping using both and not 1 of them. If you have a extra pc you can install linux on the older one. linux doesn't need good specs to be good. Windows does.

Linux uses less ram and is mich faster. Tested on both a new pc and a old one.

Problem with linux is you cant play shit... Everything is made for windows. Example you cant play league of legends on a linux unless you use a emulator program. If you only use a pc for tibia and scripting on a otserver etc. Go with linux. Otherwise keep windows. Or you can just run both of the OS on the same pc and choose which one you want to boot up when you turn on your pc. Personally I recommend keeping using both and not 1 of them. If you have a extra pc you can install linux on the older one. linux doesn't need good specs to be good. Windows does.

Lets say im only playing tibia on this laptop then how much Linux can boost my performance cuz if only little amount then its not worth installing it just to lose all programes and softwares.

Well.. Linux is faster when booting. Any program you open will open instantly. No annoying delay. It just feels smoother nothing else honestly.
So its not too much of a difference in performance. Note that linux does use less for same performance. Your pc wont be burning up if you go 200 fps+ on tibia. I see no point in going over 60 fps in the first place, your eyes can't go faster than 60fps anyway.

Most programs are for free in linux, if not all. Everything has less bugs than on windows, but there are almost no games which is the only flaw.

I would keep using windows.

Well.. Linux is faster when booting. Any program you open will open instantly. No annoying delay. It just feels smoother nothing else honestly.
So its not too much of a difference in performance. Note that linux does use less for same performance. Your pc wont be burning up if you go 200 fps+ on tibia. I see no point in going over 60 fps in the first place, your eyes can't go faster than 60fps anyway.

Most programs are for free in linux, if not all. Everything has less bugs than on windows, but there are almost no games which is the only flaw.

I would keep using windows.

Bejbe are you kidding me?

Difference between 6o and 120 is like day and night. I see difference after every single higher fps not to mention 60 more XD

VANILLA HAJS BABY

Back