• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

LiteBringer, blockchain gaming by Cipsoft?

Infernus

Reaction score
Cipsofts new game in dev, not currently marketed though. They are looking to hit the crypto boom I guess.
To me it just seems to be a scheme to make money off of their players.

What is your guys take?

This is not even on the cipsoft website btw.

Here you can see the trademark, proof that clearly this is Cipsofts game.

To me right now it looks like they let you download the game and what it does is mine for them, as in you are getting nothing but they are using your cpu resources for free currently until they release the marketing and shoot the Litecoin price up.

To me right now it looks like they let you download the game and what it does is mine for them, as in you are getting nothing but they are using your cpu resources for free currently until they release the marketing and shoot the Litecoin price up.
don't you think this can be easily detected by your antivirus even windows defender might catch it? i think they are using the way archlight bring players (Money Rewards) archlight gives out around 1000 euro in events weekly (As written never played), they are giving out milli lite coins for the progress you do. (CIPSoft receives different donations than us so i think its pennies for the donations they receive.

One should actually try playing and reading about the game before making comments. Lightbringer costs about 5EUR per character per month to play. The fee goes to cipsoft which is how they make money on the game. It's written in C# using Unity. The game genre is ideal resource trading game. Players send characters on quests using litecoins for a chance to get items. These items can be used to enhance characters and equipment. Everything in the game, characters, items, and resources can be sold on the market for litecoins. A marketing point is that it's possible to make money by playing the game and selling items on the market.

All transactions and items are encoded in the blockchain not on a cipserver. All transaction are tied directly to a litecoin wallet. I think they are using a concept similar to "colored coins" to store everything on the litecoin blockchain.

The game is still in beta for another month or more. I can't recall but they may have been more specific in the discord channel. For the remainder of the beta a litecoin faucet is being run by cipsoft. The faucet gives enough litecoin to play the game on 4 characters for 1 month for free. It's not clear what marketing they plan to do but they said marketing will come after the game leaves beta.

I played it for a while I might of continued playing but they don't have a mobile client. I didn't feel like running a tasker on my computer to keep sending characters on quests to farm items, I got to a lvl where it was around 30mins per quest. Farming resources isn't to bad as you get to higher lvls the characters are on the quest for many hours at a time not requiring a lot of interaction.

And it never will be marketed. That’s how you know it’s a cipsoft game.

Red
Kinda agree but... I found this game as a sponsored post on Facebook, few days ago. Still better marketing than Tibia.

One should actually try playing and reading about the game before making comments. Lightbringer costs about 5EUR per character per month to play. The fee goes to cipsoft which is how they make money on the game. It's written in C# using Unity. The game genre is ideal resource trading game. Players send characters on quests using litecoins for a chance to get items. These items can be used to enhance characters and equipment. Everything in the game, characters, items, and resources can be sold on the market for litecoins. A marketing point is that it's possible to make money by playing the game and selling items on the market.

All transactions and items are encoded in the blockchain not on a cipserver. All transaction are tied directly to a litecoin wallet. I think they are using a concept similar to "colored coins" to store everything on the litecoin blockchain.

The game is still in beta for another month or more. I can't recall but they may have been more specific in the discord channel. For the remainder of the beta a litecoin faucet is being run by cipsoft. The faucet gives enough litecoin to play the game on 4 characters for 1 month for free. It's not clear what marketing they plan to do but they said marketing will come after the game leaves beta.

I played it for a while I might of continued playing but they don't have a mobile client. I didn't feel like running a tasker on my computer to keep sending characters on quests to farm items, I got to a lvl where it was around 30mins per quest. Farming resources isn't to bad as you get to higher lvls the characters are on the quest for many hours at a time not requiring a lot of interaction.

Funny that you assume i didnt before these comments. I spoke to Constantin myself as well actually. I know how the blockchain works, better than you do from reading what you've written here. Its my opinion on the matter after I downloaded the game myself. I just wanted to see if others got the same vibes.

Cipsofts new game in dev, not currently marketed though. They are looking to hit the crypto boom I guess.
To me it just seems to be a scheme to make money off of their players.

What is your guys take?

This is not even on the cipsoft website btw.

Here you can see the trademark, proof that clearly this is Cipsofts game.
But the crypto boom has already ended 2 years ago :)
This is rather an opportunity to get away from the ban on trading in-game items with fiat money.

Back