• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Loading data/modules/ from encrypted zip

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi! I use Mehah OTC and need to add this feature as bot protection

I already added the commits, then open the compiled .exe with a .zip file called "data" that has data folder and modules folder.
At the first try, the client opened with the .zip. But when I encrypted it with WinZip it doesn't loaded anymore because it couldn't find the folders.

I matched the password from here
resourcemanager.h
C++:
std::string m_zipPassword = "12345678";

with the .zip password but didnt working. Another thought is that I was expecting that the .zip was going to be generated automaticatly once I open the .exe, but realized that it didn't work that way. How should I set-up this to make it work?

Followed the instructions
Code:
*    Install 7-zip
*    Copy init.lua into data
*    Go into data
*    Select all, right click, 7-zip, Add to archive...
*    Set password and ZipCrypto as encryption method
*    Repeat for modules directory
1632788456645.png

Some thread investigation

Regards!

Last edited:
Actually it was finished at the point of release and works out of the box.

Ralke came about the same time to my discord server and asked about it there, I believe he told me he had implemented it in his own client, so I told him most likely his implementation was wrong, like he likely forgot to copy something, because the repo works out of the box without having to change anything, just have to make the zip's for modules and data.

I also decided to try to improve my discord server's permissions that day, discord permissions is kinda clunky/weird, and accidentally locked normal members out of all the general channels.
I was reminded about it a few days later and fixed it, but this may have made Ralke not come back thinking he was shadow banned or something, idk, either way I've heard he's kinda got a bad rap, just thought I'd answer this since I randomly found this thread again from as "a similar thread" to another, that indeed it is finished, should be working, but OP likely implemented it wrong in his own custom client. Edit: or used winzip instead of 7-zip, not sure.

Reading his post again is kinda confusing, he said it worked, then he switched to winzip and it didn't work (possible, I haven't tried using winzip, my instructions specifically says 7-zip), but then his screenshot is 7-zip, so which one is it?
If he indeed used 7-zip -> winzip -> 7-zip without deleting data.zip and modules.zip then it's possible that winzip broke something that 7-zip didn't repair and that you'll have to delete data.zip and modules.zip for 7-zip to recreate them correctly.

Either way you don't need winzip, 7-zip afaik does everything winzip does but is open source software and works on both windows and linux, so it's more trustworthy, more cross-platform, and should have all the same features.

Unless you manage to break something by using the wrong software (in which case just delete data.zip and modules.zip and recreate), or you incorrectly implement the same code in a custom client, it should work just by following the instructions.

Cheers.

Actually it was finished at the point of release and works out of the box.

Ralke came about the same time to my discord server and asked about it there, I believe he told me he had implemented it in his own client, so I told him most likely his implementation was wrong, like he likely forgot to copy something, because the repo works out of the box without having to change anything, just have to make the zip's for modules and data.

I also decided to try to improve my discord server's permissions that day, discord permissions is kinda clunky/weird, and accidentally locked normal members out of all the general channels.
I was reminded about it a few days later and fixed it, but this may have made Ralke not come back thinking he was shadow banned or something, idk, either way I've heard he's kinda got a bad rap, just thought I'd answer this since I randomly found this thread again from as "a similar thread" to another, that indeed it is finished, should be working, but OP likely implemented it wrong in his own custom client. Edit: or used winzip instead of 7-zip, not sure.

Reading his post again is kinda confusing, he said it worked, then he switched to winzip and it didn't work (possible, I haven't tried using winzip, my instructions specifically says 7-zip), but then his screenshot is 7-zip, so which one is it?
If he indeed used 7-zip -> winzip -> 7-zip without deleting data.zip and modules.zip then it's possible that winzip broke something that 7-zip didn't repair and that you'll have to delete data.zip and modules.zip for 7-zip to recreate them correctly.

Either way you don't need winzip, 7-zip afaik does everything winzip does but is open source software and works on both windows and linux, so it's more trustworthy, more cross-platform, and should have all the same features.

Unless you manage to break something by using the wrong software (in which case just delete data.zip and modules.zip and recreate), or you incorrectly implement the same code in a custom client, it should work just by following the instructions.

Cheers.
this has been added to mehah's otclient? why don't you make a PR? (I would do it if i know how to). nice release

this has been added to mehah's otclient? why don't you make a PR? (I would do it if i know how to). nice release

is not necessary, you can encrypt it just following this

I made a PR for this to Edubart's client, but it was rejected by Diath on no grounds.

I don't like Mehah or his client, I tried to be supportive for over a year because he came to my thread and basically asked me to try his client out, but he will outright lie constantly to protect his ego from the fact that his client is constantly broken and riddled with medium serious bugs (black screens, client DoSing your server, camera not updating correctly, etc etc), only reason I call them "medium" is because they're not segfaults or deleting your filesystem, though to be fair I haven't looked up if it's had any of these issues too, I wouldn't be surprised if it has.
For instance you could try using vanilla Nekiro's downgraded 7.72 TFS 1.4, Mehah's client will still probably to this very day send 100+ packets per second if you step diagonally as a regular player, because he insisted this wasn't a bug when I reported it, so unless he was just lying as usual to the public to save face but actually secretly fixing it the bug should still be there.
This was a bug I literally discovered within a minute of use, so it probably has tens if not hundreds more such bugs, I just immediately stopped using the client right then and there, especially after seeing the responses to the issue trying to blame everything from the server even though it's vanilla downgraded TFS 1.4 to the protocol version to I don't even know what.

But yeah, you can just copy-paste the code from the latest commit in the repo.

hello!
sorry for reup this thread, but this method keep beeing functional?

i was trying replicate it just to "hide" the files of my client but im without success in my tries

hello!
sorry for reup this thread, but this method keep beeing functional?

i was trying replicate it just to "hide" the files of my client but im without success in my tries

Np, check this thread OTClient - Modules dir doesn't exist (https://otland.net/threads/modules-dir-doesnt-exist.280474/#post-2691019)
My reply said the method for mehah's OTC and the other replies speaks about OTCv8.

That .zip method isn't necessary considering this other two methods.
You can also use Enigma Virtual Box to simply hide your files. Regards!

Would this encrypt day spr too?

.dat and .spr are encrypted by default, open them with a notepad++ and you'll see
what encryption basically do is to hide the coded information and replace it with special encrypted characters

so if you want to hide .spr/.dat I would suggest to only hide it using EnigmaVirtualBox
(ppl can still leak it, but honestly, does it matter? in case the sprites from the files are taken and not made by you).

here's an example of my encrypted config.otml using mehah's otc

1652223322285.png

That .zip method isn't necessary considering this other two methods.
You can also use Enigma Virtual Box to simply hide your files. Regards!
That depends on what you use, doesn't it. If you don't use v8 (proprietary, $3k cost for sources) or mehah (broken for 7.x and probably other protocols (8.x etc) as well, unstable/constantly filled with new bugs etc), then you're probably already or want to run regular otclient, and most likely this solution is still the shortest and easiest PR to copy/re-implement in your own sources (I wouldn't know whether mehah's encryption PR even works in regular otclient).

Not to mention if you find manually "zipping" the directories yourself cumbersome, you can literally write a batch or bash script in a minute, 7-zip is available both on Linux and Windows as cli, to programmatically zip the directories, it's not rocket science.
So none of the solutions are really any faster or simpler from what I can tell, I just didn't care to write a batch file when I made the PR because people should be able to figure something out on their own, and if they want to contribute they can push their own batch file if they want to.
But yeah, use whatever client and technology you want of course.

Back